The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

I never saw "it" with Wiggins at the time but given the injury concerns with Embiid, I understand why Minny picked him. Dante Exum had me fooled a little bit but I think that was probably due to lack of tape and hype :lol: That draft lowkey produced some good players, though. Lavine, Aaron Gordon, Randle, Smart come to mind and probably some others I am missing.

Ben Simmons PR people were ELITE because I was the all the way tricked by him and the Baby Bron comparisons thinking he would be a 20/5/5 two-way player. He kind of delivered on everything but the offense which only got worse with time :smh: |l

That would be amazing. Hopefully he gets permission before using da n bomb like KG

CsL1W.png

Imagine Emoni becomes a legit scorer. Im suprised no on else took him after the first round
Short arms, not particularly explosive, not a great shooter or great finisher around the rim. Throw in that he doesn’t playmake well for others or defend well. He’s more likely to be out of the league after his rookie deal than anything else IMO

Short arms, not particularly explosive, not a great shooter or great finisher around the rim. Throw in that he doesn’t playmake well for others or defend well. He’s more likely to be out of the league after his rookie deal than anything else IMO
Yeah at this point it'd be more surprising than anything else if he was able to stay in the league

So Dame wants the Heat, and the Blazers don't want Herro and is looking for a third team (Nets) but the Nets want to attach Ben's contract in a package.

For a rebuilding Portland team to get Ben's contract that's only 2 years isn't soo bad. BUT Portland to give away Dame AND get the NBA's worst contract means that they'd need to get A LOT in return.

Not sure what the Nets will be willing to give up to ship Ben and get Herro (who's a great fit in Brooklyn).

This is messy.

Boston should just offer up Brown + pick(s) and call it a day.

Brown is young enough to fit the timeline. He'll be on a max while Scoot and Sharpe will be on rookie deals.

[Insert Ceneter]
Grant
Brown
Simons/ Sharpe
Scoot

That is a very athletic, balanced roster that can be competitive in a year or two.

Boston will also come out as title favs as well. I don't know, it seems pretty obvious they are the best trade partner.

After Simmons' rookie year, I thought he was going to be a top 10 player by year three. :lol: :smh:
Maybe not top 10 but he was definitely top 15 and was already runner up for DPOY and All NBA by year 3. Then next season DPOY Trae Young took his soul and the Kardashian Curse hit

So Dame wants the Heat, and the Blazers don't want Herro and is looking for a third team (Nets) but the Nets want to attach Ben's contract in a package.

For a rebuilding Portland team to get Ben's contract that's only 2 years isn't soo bad. BUT Portland to give away Dame AND get the NBA's worst contract means that they'd need to get A LOT in return.

Not sure what the Nets will be willing to give up to ship Ben and get Herro (who's a great fit in Brooklyn).

This is messy.

Brown is young enough to fit the timeline. He'll be on a max while Scoot and Sharpe will be on rookie deals.

[Insert Ceneter]
Grant
Brown
Simons/ Sharpe
Scoot

That is a very athletic, balanced roster that can be competitive in a year or two.
Would be the most athletic, quick twitch yet unsaucy lineup in the league lol. Straight drives all day

This is messy.

[Insert Ceneter]
Grant
Brown
Simons/ Sharpe
Scoot

Boston will also come out as title favs as well. I don't know, it seems pretty obvious they are the best trade partner.

If they trade Brown for Dame im copping Celtics gear tomorrow. Im a big fan of Tatum, Browns on that Kyrie weirdo steez though.

After Simmons' rookie year, I thought he was going to be a top 10 player by year three. :lol: :smh:

This is messy.

[Insert Ceneter]
Grant
Brown
Simons/ Sharpe
Scoot

Yeah, Boston probably has the best package. I just think Boston would be hard pressed to trade for Dame after him saying hell nah to Boston on that pod a few weeks ago. Seems like the disgruntled player scenario that keeps coming up. Like they would be competitive but I am not sure if he would be "happy" with the situation.

I also think Portland's startegy is a bit unclear. Can't tell if they want to maximize cap space and accrual of picks/young talent for a full rebuild or if they want back immediate impact talent to compete in 1-2 years with traded player + Simons (or whatever he fetches)/Scoot/Sharpe

If they trade Brown for Dame im copping Celtics gear tomorrow. Im a big fan of Tatum, Browns on that Kyrie weirdo steez though.

Between Miami, Boston, Philly, Brooklyn and Clips, I think Boston has by far the best asset to give. Unless Portland values more picks, then you can argue Brookly will be the best 1:1 trading partner.

Back
Top Bottom