The Official NBA Season Thread: Player Option Day

I’m for the tournament if it makes some of the 82 games less meaningless

Last edited:
RJ had to tone down the zest for tv but that extra unbotton button is a tad extra for my sensibilities still. Off screen man probably love to have his navel out for everyone to see 🤷

The tourney idea is cool but there needs to be some real reward for the victors.

RJ had to tone down the zest for tv but that extra unbotton button is a tad extra for my sensibilities still. Off screen man probably love to have his navel out for everyone to see 🤷

The tourney idea is cool but there needs to be some real reward for the victors.

Top button + 2 :pimp:

As for the tourney rewards…what are some realistic options? A couple hundred grand isn’t even motivating stars for things like the dunk contest or Allstar game. A million would be cool but the guys at the end of the bench who would benefit the most from that probably wouldn’t even get much playing time if any.

The only one that I can think of off the top is that the winner automatically gets home court advantage throughout the playoffs including Finals (if they make it to either). That would definitely get teams going and stop load management in November.

By its final year, the Brooks contract will be a good piece for a bigger trade if the experience hasn’t been to their satisfaction.

He probably convinced the Rox that he’s down for whatever/4 the long haul & they rewarded him with the guaranteed dollars.

Can continue to **** on him but he has a role in the league that teams value. Could be more team friendly w/ the flexibility but power to the player here ✊🏾

Not sure if it’s just me, but I feel like the “regular season games don’t matter” narrative wasn’t a thing until recently. Maybe it started once load management became a thing
Happened when society could analyze everything i.e. social media, 24/7 sports shows, message boards etc.

We find things to breakdown and ultimately criticize. I'm not saying this was never an issue either but things had always been that way and nobody had a platform to say anything about it

Unless the league is seeing a drop in attendance or viewership (?) not sure if it is dipping-- then it is just us finding things to fix

Unless the league is seeing a drop in attendance or viewership (?) not sure if it is dipping-- then it is just us finding things to fix

The league is fine :lol:
IMG_1613.jpeg

“You brought a rejuvenation to the DMV area” - Wayne Cole. THE STREETS KNOW elpablo21 elpablo21 antidope antidope

Kids already giving him nicknames saying he went form a Splash Bro to a Splash Mo and calling him “Wolverine” (he’s got the beard to match too).

First 50-piece in Capital One Arena is gonna be something :smokin

With The Loft Table Section Too, It’s Up. :pimp:

Top button + 2 :pimp:

As for the tourney rewards…what are some realistic options? A couple hundred grand isn’t even motivating stars for things like the dunk contest or Allstar game. A million would be cool but the guys at the end of the bench who would benefit the most from that probably wouldn’t even get much playing time if any.

The only one that I can think of off the top is that the winner automatically gets home court advantage throughout the playoffs including Finals (if they make it to either). That would definitely get teams going and stop load management in November.
I was thinking home court but so many variables idk about that one.

Maybe the shine will up the stock of more role players as well. Idk. Ofc I’ll tune in but the players’ intensity and seriousness are what’s gonna keep me from calling this anything other than a regularly scheduled szn game.

And that’s how the casual will see it. Let’s see how long they are invested in this after this coming szn tho.

Back
Top Bottom