The Official NBA Season Thread: Player Option Day

Even with 50M every generation is set for life
That might be true if you're very frugal with your money, but that's not usually the case... even for smart people.

$50 million in NBA earnings... you probably will only see something like $17-20 million over the duration of your career.

That's crazy money... but $125-$130 million when you're done is a complete different status

Ehhh you hope but I've seen people spend that much really really fast.
I don't need a Yacht 🤷🏿‍♂️

Either way my point is both choices are great moves. You're not losing much value of life taking less in millions. Well I'm not I can't speak for others. Everyone has their own standard to that tbh
Totally agree here.

carmelo-anthony-who-me.gif

The stuff you can do with $300mm greatly eclipses that of $50mm. $300mm is your own PJ/Yacht money. You can't do that with $50mm.
I take the money and when I'm dead, everything I "own" will still be here after me. The jet, yacht and money are all outlasting me. But I never got the experience of winning it all once, let alone 7 times. I'm taking the rings.

I was just checking if Mann had potential to grow as a player. I didn't realize he's already 26. Clippers fans treat him like the next up and coming star. The guy averages 8/3/2 his career as a 6’5 SF...and he's the deal breaker for Harden :lol:.

Buying a $2M house is 4% of your $50M while being about 0.6% of $300M

Both a lot of money but I don't think we can fathom the difference between the two numbers.

But 300M that’s already super yacht and 747 money

Wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror after turning down the $250M difference simply because I don't need it :lol:

I think Dave Chappelle summed it up best (start at min 2:45):

I was just checking if Mann had potential to grow as a player. I didn't realize he's already 26. Clippers fans treat him like the next up and coming star. The guy averages 8/3/2 his career as a 6’5 SF...and he's the deal breaker for Harden :lol:.
Yep, he is.

Mann is a guy who stats don’t really tell the story for. Plus those raw counting numbers don’t account at all for his defensive value. He regularly takes turns guarding the other team’s best offensive players.

I didn’t want to be the one to say it since I’m the harden homer but yeah they rate Mann highly for some strange reason :lol:

Yep, he is.

Mann is a guy who stats don’t really tell the story for. Plus those raw counting numbers don’t account at all for his defensive value. He regularly takes turns guarding the other team’s best offensive players.

I don't know...does he? I usually see Kawhi and PG guarding the best offensive players. You can also see it as if keeping Mann/ status quo is good enough for you to compete, or if getting Harden can put you over the top (since they won't have to rely on him for perimeter scoring with PG and Kawhi).

Seems like the Clippers have a short leash and aren't fully confident in letting Mann play starter minutes. But he's a legit good role player.

Man I got Tre Mann and Terrence Mann confused

Terence is a good rotational piece. Didn’t know he was 26 though

I don't know...does he? I usually see Kawhi and PG guarding the best offensive players. You can also see it as if keeping Mann/ status quo is good enough for you to compete, or if getting Harden can put you over the top (since they won't have to rely on him for perimeter scoring with PG and Kawhi).
Well, that’s the thing. If they lose Mann in a Harden deal, I’d say their chances to win a title get marginally better, maybe. But if they can somehow get Harden and keep Mann, it makes them way better. So that’s why I want them to hold out on throwing Mann in the deal.

Back
Top Bottom