The Official NBA Season Thread: Player Option Day

If the Mavs aren’t top 3 in the west, Luka isn’t top 3 in MVP voting and 1st Team All NBA.

He needs to be reassessed for what he actually is.

The team that went to WCF was decent.

West is definitely tougher than the East was during Bron’s early years though.

THIS. How can folks not be taking that into consideration when comparing the two? Sure, Luka’s cast might be better pound for pound but the conference in general is much tougher.

And that is not even to knock Bron down or prop Luka up. It is just an observable reality IMO.

THIS. How can folks not be taking that into consideration when comparing the two? Sure, Luka’s cast might be better pound for pound but the conference in general is much tougher.

And that is not even to knock Bron down or prop Luka up. It is just an observable reality IMO.

I’d roll with that if the Mavs could even make the playoffs. They didn’t even get in man.

With a modified qualifier system that they only had to reach the 10 seed to have a chance.

Cmon man.

I think this year’s Mavs should be pretty solid for the regular season if they can be somewhat healthy.

Lot of offensive firepower and picked up a few more defenders.

Won’t have to deal with a roster changing trade midseason either I wouldn’t think.

I’d roll with that if the Mavs could even make the playoffs. They didn’t even get in man.

With a modified qualifier system that they only had to reach the 10 seed to have a chance.

Cmon man.

The Mavs also ranked towards the end of the season for draft purposes IIRC so there’s that.

Yes, I know that Bron’s teams in his first Cavs run never ranked and he wasn’t missing the playoffs.

Are Lively and/or OMax going to be able to play right away? Didn’t watch them at all in Summer League.

Luka's career resume is absolutely better than Trae's.
Trae as an adult would take years to do in Europe what Luka did as a teen.

Are Lively and/or OMax going to be able to play right away? Didn’t watch them at all in Summer League.
Lively looks like it’s gon take some time with him…Right now he can Probly just go run around and foul tho if the Mavs need that :lol:

Luka's career resume is absolutely better than Trae's.
Trae as an adult would take years to do in Europe what Luka did as a teen.
Individually Luka got more awards n all that for sure, but team wise both franchises are stuck in the same position…So If we talking NBA team success you can stack their resumes on that thus far

Running the league is crazy. He’s the first one in a decade to win FMVP.

Y’all gotta relax and Giannis isn’t a euro.

Mavs did as well as they probably could've to re-make the team this summer, but still might not be enough to get into the playoffs.
There was never a path to a one-offseason rebuild/contender.

This offseason was damned near a homerun given what they had available to them.
OMax is absolutely a rotation guy.

If he's a passable shooter, I'd damn near die on a hill that he starts next to Grant as the forwards at some point THIS YEAR.

Back
Top Bottom