The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

The Ja story is sad/frustrating, but it got me thinking that it’s actually impressive that the majority of young NBA players, particularly stars, manage to keep their heads on pretty straight.

They come in the league in their late teens/early 20s, an age range when a lot of people are prone to engage in boundary pushing or reckless behavior, get next level money and easy access to all kids of vices.
Have to adjust to the challenges of constantly traveling, where there’s always enablers ready to pounce on them. It’s a recipe for things to go wrong.

Yet, most guys don’t get in it any real trouble (I’m giving a bit of a pass here for relationship drama with IG models because more times than not it ends up being basically harmless).

The Ja story is sad/frustrating, but it got me thinking that it’s actually impressive that the majority of young NBA players, particularly stars, manage to keep their heads on pretty straight.

They come in the league in their late teens/early 20s, an age range when a lot of people are prone to engage in boundary pushing or reckless behavior, get next level money and easy access to all kids of vices.
Have to adjust to the challenges of constantly traveling, where there’s always enablers ready to pounce on them. It’s a recipe for things to go wrong.

Yet, most guys don’t get in it any real trouble (I’m giving a bit of a pass here for relationship drama with IG models because more times than not it ends up being basically harmless).
Especially in this era. The microscope is 100 times worse than previous and everything available to you at the pressing of a button.

But yea, I’m sure these league security details work double time because there’s def so much that we never even hear about :lol:

25 games is still too long for someone who didnt actually do anything. But i guess it was enough for nba not to wanna pay him the supermax. Foul but i guess thats what weve all come to love and accept from corporate america smh

25 games is still too long for someone who didnt actually do anything. But i guess it was enough for nba not to wanna pay him the supermax. Foul but i guess thats what weve all come to love and accept from corporate america smh
Nah they wanted to pay him the supermax, he did that to himself. Hopefully the 25 games saved his career because everything leads to him spiraling

No they intentionally made it that length so he cant qualify for awards. Look up other pro sports suspensions of that length and tell me honestly what Ja did is comparable.

Paying him less will save his career lol. Yall gotta stop blindly agreeing with the sheltered whites that run these teams and media, no matter how badly u want to be employed by them.
Nah they wanted to pay him the supermax, he did that to himself. Hopefully the 25 games saved his career because everything leads to him spiraling

No they intentionally made it that length so he cant qualify for awards. Look up other pro sports suspensions of that length and tell me honestly what Ja did is comparable.

Paying him less will save his career lol. Yall gotta stop blindly agreeing with the sheltered whites that run these teams and media, no matter how badly u want to be employed by them.
Dude is an alleged alcoholic making threats to people. His people got depositions next month about Ja threatening people. Allegedly that teens mom is extorting him because Ja told him he got the blicky waiting for him.

Yeah you can think it’s about some white people and corporate America when Ja is the one moving recklessly. I’d rather they sit him down before he really crosses that line. All he had to do was not flash the gun the second time. Can’t feel sorry for dudes throwing money away. No white man filmed him or put the gun in his hand.

Jaylen brown just got $300ms with one hand, they are giving away money. You want to move like a rapper, that’s on you.

Keyword there being rapper. If that background music was any other genre and he flashed a firearm in any other setting than a stripclub this is likely a non issue. Yeah he been a little reckless but who wasnt at that age. I dont see how blocking him from accolades and hitting his pockets is saving his career. All while giving him more idle time to get in trouble

Harden is infatuated with Houston. I would’ve welcomed him back with open arms but I’m also glad that we went with FVV.

Back
Top Bottom