The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

How many has Randle had? >D

abyz8n7o76n41.gif

We're holding a top 75 player of all time to the same standard as Julius Randle? That's where we're at?

Mm hmm. Gonna reference this again, Jason Kidd. The actual time he got caught (who knows if he had abusing her before this) was in the middle of the season. He admitted to the abuse and he continued to play the rest of the season and the seasons going forward

This isn't some kind of new issue in sports and the NBA itself

Yep, that was conveniently swept under the rug. And now he’s a ****ing head coach in the League. :lol:

Karl Malone got the red carpet rolled out for him last year at ASW. We all know about his sex offender ways…

Primo whipped his **** out on multiple occasions and he’s back in the League after a brief hiatus…

Ron Artest, Matt Barnes and Darren Collison all had domestic violence arrests and kept playing…

The lack of standards isn’t new.

Reaves been playing bad (for him) to start the season. Defense has been bad, shooting down, foul baiting way down. Still averaging 13.5/5/5 on decent percentages coming off the bench. 4 years/57 million is a good deal for Austin Reaves regardless. He'll bounce back

Why tho?

That Lavine playoff sample size is very light.
Austin had even less experience, and showed & proved in his very first game, on the road. And kept it going after that.

You just can’t quantify mental fortitude when it matters. Some guys have it, others don’t. If you prove to have it, those guys should be held closely.

To your point, maybe Zach does have it but I’m not moving a proven guy to find out.

Think LaVine just has loser habits, but perhaps a change of scenery and pecking order would change his play and my view.

Austin had even less experience, and showed & proved in his very first game, on the road. And kept it going after that.

You just can’t quantify mental fortitude when it matters. Some guys have it, others don’t. If you prove to have it, those guys should be held closely.

To your point, maybe Zach does have it but I’m not moving a proven guy to find out.

I agree with all of this.

Some guys will never have it. No matter what they do in the regular season. (Enter Julius) for example.

But Lavine I really don’t know.

World class athletes is what I’m repeatedly told. But they need a quarter of a season to get in shape :lol:

Back
Top Bottom