The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

Dudes were laughing at the notion of Hakeem being a top 10 player all time not long ago :lol:

He really averaged 22-11 and 3 blocks over 18 seasons...

Who was dude that said he wasn’t “generational”?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

They had Ralph Sampson and STILL drafted Hakeem. Teams were tanking for like 2 years trying to draft him

No they’re not. They were some of the best players of all time and could be argued as better as the generational guys but they didn’t have that face of the league factor. Charisma and carrying the torch matter. It’s why AI would be as close to making the list as them. He’s got that generational magnetism but not the skills, stats, accolades etc.

I guess I see why you would include charisma in the equation for generational but I personally wouldn't. That's just me.

The visibility is fine but you can't have your pros out there hooping with nobodies. It makes your players look weak.

My same feelings on when WWE brings in celebrities that are able to have 15 minute wrestling matches with their ACTUAL wrestlers.

Sure it brings outside attention but you are also burying your talent by showing the world, "anyone can do this."

@Peep Game

Yeah, it makes the average joe think “I can keep up with these WNBA players”.

Never liked the idea of current players in the celeb game. Especially if they arent really trying which they never do, then whats the point.

Growing the product isn’t convincing people who don’t take their skill seriously that they are skilled and talented :lol:. There’s plenty of fans to pull from who don’t fall into that category. If you think them playing with celebrities makes them look unserious or whatever and THAT is why you don’t watch, they probably aren’t going to convert you anyways.

Yea I feel the opposite. You don't give your main detractors ammo and having them playing in joke games with random regular humans is doing exactly that.

Yes, there are plenty of other people that could/should be targeted but this idea of giving up trying to legitimize the sport in the eyes of those that don't take it seriously isn't the move either.

All I am saying is don't make it easy for folks to dismiss the product and putting them in these settings doesn't do the league any favors whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom