The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Same as Isaiah Joe and Malcclm Brogdon. To some extent its the best all stars at ____\ then just the highest % 3pt players but those giys’ team have to lovmbby for them, make a hashtag #letGraysonshoot or something and bring attention otherwise you’re gonna get Julius Randle in the contest because hell he’s already there, former all star in the team from the largest media market

Reggie was money in the playoffs.

I'm always surprised the nerds today don't love Reggie. He was a great efficient shooter, wasn't ball dominant at all. Him as a commentator shouldn't affect his place as a player.

Real low ceiling with him. One of the "All Time Greats" and a "Legend" is a floor raiser. Is Reggie Miller better than Paul George? I feel like that's debatable and look at how people talk about Paul George.

I say it ever year, but this year should really be the end of the Dunk Contest being last. Its time to make the three-point contest last.

Kenny is getting dragged on social media :lol:

For good reason though

mjplspinkie.png

I'm always surprised the nerds today don't love Reggie. He was a great efficient shooter, wasn't ball dominant at all. Him as a commentator shouldn't affect his place as a player.

This is why I have a hard time when it comes to Shaq's legacy. He would get his numbers, but his teams could be complete no-shows more often than not. Yeah, he has the three-peat and the random Miami title, but he was also swept out of the playoffs five times, and another Finals that practically felt like a sweep (2004).

As for Reggie, he actually wasn't as great as people remember. He was a tremendous showman and entertainer, and has a couple iconic moments, but he was also only a 5-time All-Star, and only once consecutively. He made All-NBA 3rd team three times. Those Pacers teams made a lot of ECFs but only one Finals, which is sort of a compliment considering the strength of the East in the 90s. They just couldn't ever get over the hump.

Real low ceiling with him. One of the "All Time Greats" and a "Legend" is a floor raiser. Is Reggie Miller better than Paul George? I feel like that's debatable and look at how people talk about Paul George.

The Paul George comparison has been a Bill Simmons thing for awhile now. Maybe it's because they both played in Indiana, but George has an All-NBA First Team selection, a few thirds, and a handful of All Defense awards. Also, a 9-time All-Star and finished third one MVP vote (Reggie never sniffed Top 10).

I
The Paul George comparison has been a Bill Simmons thing for awhile now. Maybe it's because they both played in Indiana, but George has an All-NBA First Team selection, a few thirds, and a handful of All Defense awards. Also, a 9-time All-Star and finished third one MVP vote (Reggie never sniffed Top 10).
I have actually never heard this comp made publicly, but IMO give me Paul George and I wouldn't think twice about it.

Reggie was my favorite player growing up, read his book in like 5th grade lol he was a beast who would have averaged 40 a game in todays 3 point heavy game. I know Steph is Steph but idk he's the second best shooter I have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom