The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

This is why I dont get how John Wall can't start over Reggie. I mean he's still trying to get it going offensively but 20-25 minutes of Wall is better than Reggie playing 30+ actually losing you a game by just being on the floor :lol:

he did it with the raptors so why can't he do it with the clippers

this is not apples to apples. that raptors team had a lot more continuity with Kyle Lowry running point and their defense was elite. as good as this current clippers team could be, it looks out of sorts. kawhi is a hall of famer but expecting him to just be plug-play-and-win is not realistic on a team that seemingly lacks chemistry on the court. If PG plays 60-65 games while Kawhi gets healthy, then i could see them hitting their stride in the playoffs.

This is why I dont get how John Wall can't start over Reggie. I mean he's still trying to get it going offensively but 20-25 minutes of Wall is better than Reggie playing 30+ actually losing you a game by just being on the floor :lol:
Loyalty to Reggie from two seasons ago and also the fear he’ll be even worse coming off the bench.

Clippers have a great team on paper but for the time being I have to put them on my unserious team list due to the mystery surrounding Kawhi and PG’s availability on a day-to-day basis. Fortunately, standings are tight enough that they can still be the 1-seed with rest and healing (only 2.5GB) but for now as long as this keeps up
1670102778506.gif

Sorry lawdog1 lawdog1 HIM HIM @P C H . I come in peace.
Apology completely unnecessary. Spot on analysis.

I want to be sure eye I am not looking through this with the eyes of revisionist history but is this the most anticipated lottery/#1 pick since LeBron? Zion or MAYBE AD have a case but I don’t even think that was on the same level

Zion Watch of 2019 had the whole state of New York holding its breath for an entire NBA season. his first game at Duke had the every team on the outside looking in ready to start the tank. but If wemby played in the NCAA, i think he'd be getting even more coverage than Zion.

Yeah, if PG comes back soon I can see the Clips hold the tide long enough for #2 but rn idk even know when P is supposed to come back and if he can still last throughout the season.

Last edited:
If reggie continues to struggle, wall will eat up his minutes. Team being cautious with Wall's minutes and giving him days off. Lue giving reggie every opportunity to earn his minutes

Zion Watch of 2019 had the whole state of New York holding its breath for an entire NBA season. his first game at Duke had the every team on the outside looking in ready to start the tank. but If wemby played in the NCAA, i think he'd be getting even more coverage than Zion.

This is probably most accurate. Unless it had a negative impact on his life, I think Wemby not going the NCAA route was best for him, especially being a Frenchman. Plus he didn’t let one of those white institutions take advantage of his greatness.

The more I watch of him, the less I worry about the injury concerns and realize KD was string-beanish at the same age. With the flattened odds i am not quite as interested in the race to absolute rock bottom but more so that bottom 3-5 throughout the season.

Back
Top Bottom