The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Steve Ballmer is the perfect owner for Kyrie honestly. Very eccentric guy who I’m sure has very nuts opinions and knows where bodies are buried too. Kyrie will love it
Lol Kyrie hardly would interact with him

I don’t think Kyrie goes anywhere (again).

Unless some team really makes the Net an offer they can’t refuse.

Which I don’t see happening.

So they let him go for nothing with the potential for him to sit out if he isn't traded?

Why would the Nets want this headache any longer?

So they let him go for nothing with the potential for him to sit out if he isn't traded?

Why would the Nets want this headache any longer?

I agree tho. I’d get rid of Kyrie too. But I just don’t think they will…

1) They were playing good basketball before KD went down.

2) KD will have a word.

3) These packages aren’t enticing.

4) The Nets are petty.

Now if the Lakers add those future picks - I can see the Nets changing their minds. But I don’t think the Lakers will.

20230205_001014.jpg

:lol: :lol:

I agree tho. I’d get rid of Kyrie too. But I just don’t think they will…

1) They were playing good basketball before KD went down.

2) KD will have a word.

3) These packages aren’t enticing.

4) The Nets are petty.

Now if the Lakers add those future picks - I can see the Nets changing their minds. But I don’t think the Lakers will.

I don't think the picks are an issue for the Lakers...

I think the Nets not wanting to give Kyrie what he wants is the issue.

If thr Clippers or another team give the Nets what they want, he is gone.

It's gonna be interesting but it needs to happen because that will probably hold up other trades.

I thought that too but from the interviews from coach and players. It seems different. Almost like they would send him home.

If so might as well take Russ and 2 firsts for kyrie and Harris. Then buy out Russ.

Effectively save 10-15 mill in taxes plus whatever Russ leaves on the table and gain 2 picks.

Well if the Lakers are willing to give up those future picks then that’s on them. :lol:

I’d just wait to sign Kyrie in the Summer (with Westbrook’s huge contract expiring) and keep the picks.

Kyrie has no leverage either. Lakers & Clippers can literally lowball him in the Summer because no other team to coming to negotiating table

Well if the Lakers are willing to give up those future picks then that’s on them. :lol:

I’d just wait to sign Kyrie in the Summer (with Westbrook’s huge contract expiring) and keep the picks.

Wouldn't be able to give him max even with Russ's contract coming off the books.

Just gotta see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom