The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

You are confusing the maximum a player is eligible for and may very well request with the maximum a player is going to get on the open market.

Harden is in the same boat.

I'm not confusing the request aspect, I'm just wondering why particularly where DAL lost their PG last summer for nothing does Kyrie take a 12 million pay cut from that team when all he's been about is getting the most money possible.

Screenshot_20230628-085440_Instagram.jpg

EagerEqualAndalusianhorse-max-1mb (1).gif

She working on a Max deal of her own damn
wow.png

Uhmmm. Might be bull**** but even then, why

I'll play. Garland for Jaylen Brown. Who says no.

Earlier I heard them talking about the Windy x Cavs speculation and this trade was mentioned. I see why the gut reaction is no but if tying up a historic amount of money in Tatum and Brown is a long-term concern then I see why Boston would at the very least entertain the discussion.

Especially if a KP extension is on the horizon too.

He can't/won't ask for the max dollars on a 3 year deal?

I'm not confusing the request aspect, I'm just wondering why particularly where DAL lost their PG last summer for nothing does Kyrie take a 12 million pay cut from that team when all he's been about is getting the most money possible.
He can certainly ask for it - no doubt. But then you gotta go find it and have someone willing to do it. It's just not out there.

He's all about making the most money possible - and 4/$160m might very well be the most money he can possibly get right now.

3+1 for $160m, I'd guess. Line it up with Luka's deal and leave room for the MLE.

Go get Grant or Bruce (probably not) and take the Ayton gamble and I'm in.

Valanciunas is interesting, too.
Bruce ain’t coming man it makes no sense for him

Grant or Jarret Allen

What N41D N41D myself and others are saying is that it is not as much about Kyrie be willing to take a pay cut but more about him not being able to get more than that $40MM AAV over four years from another team.

EDIT: Didn't see this while typing but exactly.
He can certainly ask for it - no doubt. But then you gotta go find it and have someone willing to do it. It's just not out there.

He's all about making the most money possible - and 4/$160m might very well be the most money he can possibly get right now.

Bruce ain’t coming man it makes no sense for him

Grant or Jarret Allen
I think the fit makes a ton of sense for Bruce - but I do think he's likely to get more money from a room team potentially and I tend to think the Mavs should be more focused on more positional size/length.

I'm all in on Grant and a center.

I know there are assault deniers but is pregnancy denying a thing? Because I don't believe this one bit. And if she is in fact pregnant then I would be skeptical that it was Zion's.
1687968635813.png

She tryna do big Z like the other young bird tried to do Boosie son.
Stay woke.

I know there are assault deniers but is pregnancy denying a thing? Because I don't believe this one bit. And if she is in fact pregnant then I would be skeptical that it was Zion's.
Is she on a work zoom call and revealed this or is it just someone else on a zoom call and screenshotting nba twitter t or what? And that baby aint Zion’s if it’s really one in there.

Is it guaranteed that Miles Bridges is returning to Charlotte? If he is, then that means PJ Washington should be available.

Just gotta hope Kyrie is focused…His main obstacle is himself, finding distractions and self sabatoge to start the year been the play for him these past couple seasons…Hopefully it’s nothing new that pops up in the fall and he just hooping
I think he'll settle in once he realizes he's getting paid, plus no one else was looking for him. He doesn't have the options to be flighty anymore.

However this whole Moriah Mills situation shakes out, really hope Zion has learned a lesson for life about what kind of women to get involved with. Needs to go for a librarian or stock analyst or something low key.

I think the fit makes a ton of sense for Bruce - but I do think he's likely to get more money from a room team potentially and I tend to think the Mavs should be more focused on more positional size/length.

I'm all in on Grant and a center.
The fit is amazing but why would he come for the mle

They should have went for a veteran center and drafted a skill player

Grant is probably the best possible hope in a trade since OG type isn’t gonna be in the cards

The fit is amazing but why would he come for the mle

They should have went for a veteran center and drafted a skill player

Grant is probably the best possible hope in a trade since OG type isn’t gonna be in the cards
Given where the board was, I don't really have a huge gripe with Lively and still don't get the frustration over it.

The only wing in that range that made any real sense was Whitmore. I'd hear arguments for sticking with Wallace, but think the variables of the rest of the offseason will determine/justify the thought process on moving back at that cost.

There's not really anyone else in that range I'd even really entertain complaints about.

Given where the board was, I don't really have a huge gripe with Lively and still don't get the frustration over it.

The only wing in that range that made any real sense was Whitmore. I'd hear arguments for sticking with Wallace, but think the variables of the rest of the offseason will determine/justify the thought process on moving back at that cost.

There's not really anyone else in that range I'd even really entertain complaints about.
I don’t like drafting a big there

Any of Hawkins, Kobe, hood hell even Jaime, the Santa Clara kid or keyontae or Sheppard I’d been more excited about

Back
Top Bottom