The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

You guys seem to think every team has the same goals.

Fertitta probably got the financials from the past 2 years, saw that the revenue was down in all categories.

So he spent up to the tax line (bc you’re suppose to) and now has a product that will, at the very least, turn him a little profit. Butts in seats. Eyes on the screen. Sponsors re-emerging.

They have achieved their goal

The Bulls are of similar.

2 years from now

Thompson
Green
Brooks/whitmore
Smith jr/Eason
Sengun

Hopefully Green is a borderline all star. Sengun is as good as sabonis. You look like todays kings. It’s a win
Just don’t get why fvv is worse than bringing in two more point guards in Jones and rose

Now you’re gonna still suck and amen gets less reps . But sure, you’re paying less so I guess

Several of the previous posts commented on this exactly.
Rockets were trash af last season. At some point you have to start competing before you start winning and they desperately needed some vets so they could at least play real basketball. This dumbass argument has gone on long enough :lol:
Rockets been trash AF for 3 years. The players they have are still clueless on how to play an NBA game. They've done everything to hamper these kids imaginable and make it not work out. At least this is different.

I'll agree we should see how it plays out. This other guy must have a bad rep around here, there is no way people are defending the Rockets organization this hard lol.

If you’re gonna gripe- do so properly

1. Dumped Martin and Christopher on top of the guys you mentioned
2. Gave brooks guaranteed 4 years
3. Didn’t find a true defensive big
I don’t have a problem with sending Martin and Christopher off. Martin wanted out. Not a fan of christoper at all. Brooks should have had been a 2+1 like FVV.

There’s also know way anyone should be this upset about this when it’s been explained and drawn out repeatedly here.
I don't think anyone is upset. The one guy might be upset.

They've been doing a poor job organizationally for a while though. If that doesn't change then it's kind of hard for me to see why any of this would work. I don't think that's some kind of wild opinion or bold take.

I don't think anyone is upset. The one guy might be upset.

They've been doing a poor job organizationally for a while though. If that doesn't change then it's kind of hard for me to see why any of this would work. I don't think that's some kind of wild opinion or bold take.
In the same breathe, that’s a reason why they HAD to over pay to bring any kind of veteran presence into this organization/locker room. Especially one as young as this.

In the same breathe, that’s a reason why they HAD to over pay to bring any kind of veteran presence into this organization/locker room. Especially one as young as this.
I know that. I also know that Fertitta has been said to not be down to play the long game here and clearing all that cap space to begin with was certainly an indication of that.

Hopefully they are really letting coaches coach and development happen here. Hopefully that is what is happening....There is a possibility of further development going off the rails if ownership doesn't like how this goes. I don't really see the problem with stating that.

Mister Meaner Mister Meaner hes ready for another great knicks season🔥
Screenshot_20230702_082811_Instagram.jpg

This is NT. If you're against some of these posters views it means you're automatically wrong.
I don't think anybody is necessarily wrong to be honest. I think what the Rockets did is fine in a vacuum because that was clearly what they were after.

I'm just more worried they don't have a real plan to develop these kids and this is all whitewashing over that. They certainly haven't had a plan prior to this. We'll see if this is the beginning of a change there.

Supposed to be heavily front loaded though and east to trade year 3 and 4
Brooks is a MLE player right now...his value only goes down in two. Nobody is taking a minimum to mini MLE player making 17 million without also taking assets. Could have given him the team option after two and if he outplays his deal(WHICH YOU KNOW AINT HAPPENING) lock him in for the third. After that, dont they have his bird rights?!?!?

I like Brooks on the Rockets for the short term and dont mind the over pay, but this bs about it being front loaded is hilarious and means nothing in the grand scheme of things. The deal is too long and poorly structured.

Back
Top Bottom