The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

As a Blazer fan, the Blazers need to do what is best for the Blazers. I love Dame, he is my favorite Blazer of all time. But he is the one asking out, he is the one requesting to basically go to what would be a super team, which is also something he repeatedly said he would not do. He got paid, he chose to sign the extension. I would like to see him win a ring before he retires, but I would rather see the Blazers win one if I had to choose. Nobody is turning on him, more so acknowledging it is going to be really tough to accommodate his request to go to Miami without getting fleeced on the deal.

O/U 245 when he shows up for training camp if that happens?

201216-james-harden.png

Hope James realizes he ain't got the same juice as before. Especially after Houston said no thanks to him and he saw what Kyrie re-signed for.
That’s true, but if he’s not into being the n Philly anymore seems pretty likely his play will reflect that. Do they want to waste a year of Embiid playing with a key guy who’s not all-in?

Maxey being untouchable is a joke too.

I understand that Dame > Maxey but I also understand their hesitation because of the possibility of letting Maxey go for Dame, sending Harden to LAC for role players and not winning next season then Embiid demanding out.

And before you shoot the messenger, that shouldn't be an unrealistic concern considering folks in the media and many in here believe that Embiid will ask out next summer if they don't win or at least make the Conference Finals. Being stuck with Dame @ $58MM and $63MM with no Embiid is a nasty thought.

Maxey is really like that. I wouldn’t move him either

And if you look it at that way, Philly is lowkey operating like Portland - apparently not willing to trade their future (Maxey) when they are worried about the current superstar leaving which I can respect.

Maxey is a 3rd option on a contender. He’s good, I like him, but you need to maximize your time with Embiid. Thats priority #1.

No Embiid, you can forget about a chip for next 5-10 years.

Dame loyal *** gonna play wherever he gets dealt and deal w/ it.

He has this last bit of gas in his tank to be a major factor for a ‘chip. Think he’s gonna sit and pout for 4 years? I’m willing to call the dude’s bluff.

This extreme diva behavior has to end somewhere.

Maxey is a 6moty on a good team. He can’t pass, play any defense and is prone to having slumps. The fact the sixers think he’s the future is strange but that’s all they got. You wouldn’t hand the keys to Lou will and say win us a chip 🤷🏿‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom