The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Was support even a problem for the Nets in the first place?

Russian money and the new arena on Atlantic Ave was the reason for the move IIRC (Which I might not).
Yea it was a money grab ….New arena and real estate in the city boosts the value, everybody knows NYC is a Knicks town….The only way they move back to Jersey is another new arena tho

Jersey Nets seemed to have support if they were good and had some long time established fans with pride…Neither of those in BK, it’s a place to watch the visiting teams if you can’t make it to the Garden

Last edited:
Jersey Nets seemed to have support if they were good and had some long time established fans with pride…Neither of those in BK, it’s a place to watch the visiting teams if you can’t make it to the Garden
Right. Seemed similar to the Clippers situation to me. There was a dedicated, but relatively small group of Nets fans that would come out no matter what. And then if they happened to be good and/or have exciting players, the building would get more full.

Can't remember the Nets attendance in Newark, but they got little support when they were playing in East Rutherford in the 90s and early 00s. But I think it was because that arena was a dump and middle of no where.

Looking forward to the intensity of those games. IST was a success.
Once they get a sponsor/presenter and sell it in the tv deal.

bugs-bunny-looney-tunes.gif

Can't remember the Nets attendance in Newark, but they got little support when they were playing in East Rutherford in the 90s and early 00s. But I think it was because that arena was a dump and middle of no where.

very true. right in the middle of nj marshlands with all kinds of chemical and industrial factories and multiple highway intersections surrounding it. took effort to get to and to get out of

My New Yorkers and folks who visited - do you enjoy Barclays or MSG more? They have been different experiences and have had great memories at both. I think I know what the responses might be but IMO they both have their benefits

Jimmy Butler over sga
Jimmy definitely in the convo. Feel like I’ve always liked him more than most on here.

Just find it hard to put him over SGA when he isn’t even remotely close to him from a numbers perspective. And their teams are just as good.

My New Yorkers and folks who visited - do you enjoy Barclays or MSG more? They have been different experiences and have had great memories at both. I think I know what the responses might be but IMO they both have their benefits
I prefer MSG the energy in the building was awesome. I also always look forward to hitting up the steak sandwhich vendor.

Barclays was cool but I did not enjoy it due to the fact my seats where nosebleeds and I have a fear of heights. I was uncomfortable the whole game. I love food and I had a friend that was at the game that could get me me anything I wanted for free, I just had to meet them by the food vendor and I turned them down. There was no way I was leaving my seat to come back to these scary seats again.

Back
Top Bottom