The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

A lot of t.o. “that’s my quarterback” energy.

IMG_0019.gif

“BEGGED”

As if his play and #s didnt back it up please

Yall sound so ****ing stupid

Hey everyone Embiid begged to what all 100 voters to please select him LOLOLOL

Embiid held a gun to the voters head is new to me

I think Embiid was robbed of the MVP that year but he did make noise about it. Whether it's begging or not he made it clear.

The big problem with Embiid is his play drops off big in the playoffs. He's almost becoming 7 foot Harden.

The Sympathetic MVP award is such a dumb narrative that I don't think it's worth arguing over.

The Playoff performance is 100% warranted though. He's had a ton of excuses in the past (Ben Simmons, bad coaches, injuries etc...), but this year he HAS to level up his game or be regarded as a regular season player like a super version of Derozan or Randle.

Bro its so ******* corny

THEY act like his run last year after ASB wasn't astounding or worthy. THEY try to discredit him at any chance THEY get

obviously **** the bed in the playoffs

The Sympathetic MVP award is such a dumb narrative that I don't think it's worth arguing over.

The Playoff performance is 100% warranted though. He's had a ton of excuses in the past (Ben Simmons, bad coaches, injuries etc...), but this year he HAS to level up his game or be regarded as a regular season player like a super version of Derozan or Randle.

I’m sorry but the CAMPAIGN that went on to take away/make sure Jokic didn’t win 3 straight MVPs last season was one of the most disgusting things I’ve seen in this sport.

Plus I’m pretty sure Embiid said something like “what more did I have to do to win it?” The year before.

It was just very “nasty” last year. So maybe “sympathetic” wasn’t right.

Now or never couldn’t be said any better.

This is all facts.

We’ll see what happens. “MVP” should be the last thing on his mind.

I’m sorry but the CAMPAIGN that went on to take away/make sure Jokic didn’t win 3 straight MVPs last season was one of the most disgusting things I’ve seen in this sport.

Plus I’m pretty sure Embiid said something like “what more did I have to do to win it?” The year before.

So who did the campaigning more embiid or the Media/Fans

:nerd:

Dude...I really don't want to argue about this.

The only point of emphasis worth mentioning is that Joker did take his foot off the pedal at the end of last season (they had a comfortable lead in the West) while Embiid doubled down on the tight race.

Any other narrative is irrelevant. Although I do agree it was toxic.

Last edited:
Are the racist media members who voted for Jokic for 2 MVPs still racist or only racist if they vote for Jokic? ken perkins should be asked that.

Now or never couldn’t be said any better.

This is all facts.

We’ll see what happens. “MVP” should be the last thing on his mind.

Funny enough, I think Joel is playing way better than last year. He's more decisive with his moves, his body language is way better, he's a better passer, and plays more like a traditional big rather than a big wing.

I agree, MVP doesn't matter, but all the points I've mentioned should in theory translate well in the playoffs.

As long as he stops foul baiting

Dude...I really don't want to argue about this.

The only point of emphasis worth mentioning is that Joker did take his foot off the pedal at the end of last season (they had a comfortable lead in the West) while Embiid doubled down on the tight race.

Any other narrative is irrelevant.

Yea that’s fine. We can all move on.

Time is now for the playoffs like you said tho.

Embiid is 29 years old. Go prove you’re the best.

Funny enough, I think Joel is playing way better than last year. He's more decisive with his moves, his body language is way better, he's a better passer, and plays more like a traditional big rather than a big wing.

I agree, MVP doesn't matter, but all the points I've mentioned should in theory translate well in the playoffs.

As long as he stops foul baiting

He is.

He’s playing the best regular season basketball of his career right now.

He’s playing two-three steps ahead. He’s in is prime RIGHT NOW.

There was anti-Jokic MVP push last season from certain members of the media and groups on social media was unlike anything I’d seen before in my time as an NBA fan. It’s a fact; it happened.

Does that mean Embiid wasn’t ultimately deserving of the award? No.

But the MVP race got weird and negative in a way it didn’t have to and I think it’s fair for that to get talked about.

Last edited:
Zion was supposed to be the face of the league.

Unfortunately he has only proven to be the face of the L thus far.

Just keep marketing the game as a global game. A super duper generational American star would be great but you can tap into a global market with guys from different countries.

I’m watching either way.

I don't have any facts to back this up, but I do feel like Silver wants to take the NFL playbook and make the games and teams bigger than the players.

It's harder to do so though because the NFL has a few challenges with players wearing helments (covering their faces) and them playing a specialized role in a big lineup where the NBA only has 5 players who play both offence and defence.

It does feel like Silver will work with what he got so if a player does show up, they might crown him the same way there were shining the crown for Zion.

But no face? no problem.

Any marketing push they are doing right now is short term as it is 100% related to the new media rights for the summer of 2025 (which is funny because it's most likely the year LeBron is retiring).

I don't have any facts to back this up, but I do feel like Silver wants to take the NFL playbook and make the games and teams bigger than the players.

It's harder to do so though because the NFL has a few challenges with players wearing helments (covering their faces) and them playing a specialized role in a big lineup where the NBA only has 5 players who play both offence and defence.

It does feel like Silver will work with what he got so if a player does show up, they might crown him the same way there were shining the crown for Zion.

But no face? no problem.

Any marketing push they are doing right now is short term as it is 100% related to the new media rights for the summer of 2025 (which is funny because it's most likely the year LeBron is retiring).
Waste of time trying to duplicate the NFL strategy. Those diehards watched two family men QBs on Thursday

Who needs a face when you have agendas and narratives to be the forefront of the league
9zy7x0_th (2).png

But news outlets fired most of their staff members who pushed the narrative.

I actually miss listening to Jalen Rose's takes.

Now we got the corpse of Screaming A and Doc's ashy voice.

Back
Top Bottom