The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Would love to know what was going through Beal's mind in this possession.

They had multiple terrible possessions to start the 4th quarter last night. Was honestly bizarre to watch.

Like the whole team has some weird collective 4th quarter yips.

Suns are what you get if you let balldontstop construct a team.

Five shooting guards & Nurkic. Group of 'bucket getters' and 'real hoopers'.

Damb. The 180 on the suns in this thread in one season is something

Folks were high as hell on them last season with a worse roster and worse depth

Hopefully those picks and pick swaps don’t come byke to haunt them

Damb. The 180 on the suns in this thread in one season is something

Folks were high as hell on them last season with a worse roster and worse depth

Hopefully those picks and pick swaps don’t come byke to haunt them
They increased their variance by how they built the roster this year. Adding Beal made the Top 3 stronger on paper but they’re very highly levered. KD a year older, Beal having a random assortment of injuries and the “depth” is a bunch of replacement level players.

They increased their variance by how they built the roster this year. Adding Beal made the Top 3 stronger on paper but they’re very highly levered. KD a year older, Beal having a random assortment of injuries and the “depth” is a bunch of replacement level players.
They were still worse on paper last season with worse depth and people were saying depth didn’t matter

If the suns flame out this year it would be a lot sooner than I’d thought. I felt like they’d at least be contenders for this year but I kept saying they weren’t bulletproof in the least going forward

Suns are what you get if you let balldontstop construct a team.

Five shooting guards & Nurkic. Group of 'bucket getters' and 'real hoopers'.
I think they’ve played 6 games together. It’s going to take time. The clippers got a real PG and got off to a slow start this season.

They were still worse on paper last season with worse depth and people were saying depth didn’t matter

If the suns flame out this year it would be a lot sooner than I’d thought. I felt like they’d at least be contenders for this year but I kept saying they weren’t bulletproof in the least going forward
I think people vastly overrated the “depth” they added. Which of those guys would be in the rotations of legitimate contending teams? Think that’ll lead you to the answer that their depth isn’t good

They had multiple terrible possessions to start the 4th quarter last night. Was honestly bizarre to watch.

Like the whole team has some weird collective 4th quarter yips.
I have watched every Suns game this season, what happened last night wasn't an anomaly for this team

Some nights, they simply turn into a different team in the 4th. Ball stops moving

In some of the games they haven't collapsed in the 4th, they have collapsed in another quarter (mainly the first).

It is so ******* weird and frustrating. For three quarters they look like they can beat anyone (even with Booker not playing up to his potential), then the 4th hits and they play like Mitch McConnell giving a speech

It is either gonna click for them and they become a contender, but if they don't figure things out 2nd round is probably the ceiling

Last edited:
Folks in here were saying the suns didn’t need a PG because they were all quick decision makers. That was always a little off to me

I think people vastly overrated the “depth” they added. Which of those guys would be in the rotations of legitimate contending teams? Think that’ll lead you to the answer that their depth isn’t good
That’s fine, they can be overrated and still better than their depth last year

All I know is Eric Gordon and Grayson Allen are better than shamet, Craig etc etc

getting away from my point

I think people are working backward when it comes to the Suns takes. They can an argument of why the Suns would fail, and think that perfectly explains the Suns struggles right now

I don't think their lack of depth, or even the injuries explain what has been going on right now

Maybe indirectly, but the way they are losing games is not just because of those reasons

I have watched every Suns game this season, what happened last night wasn't an anomaly for this team

Some nights, they simply turn into a different team in the 4th.

In some of the games they haven't collapsed in the 4th, they have collapsed in another quarter (mainly the first).

It is so ****ing weird and frustrating. For three quarters they look like they can beat anyone (even with Booker not playing up to his potential), then the 4th hits and they play like Mitch McConnell giving a speech

It is either gonna click for them and they become a contender, but if they don't figure things out 2nd round is probably the ceiling

Not sure if describing the suns or the warriors 🤔

Yeah, they need a point guard

Book is a solid PG, but it is obvious it is dampening his impact on games

He is the best SG in the league, he needs to play the 2 most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom