The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Fully healthy we're smacking them with or without Embiid. I got a bag on that too

ill be here
Explore payup GIFs

$100

$500

$1k

you name it

* im only wagering if embiid plays though

I need a holding fee for making this bet happen

How do players like Banchero pan out, but a Beasley or Derrick Williams dont.

Keldon Johnson still out there chucking but Derrick Williams cant avg 10ppg

The difference in effort has really helped them shoring up their defense that looked horrible all season before the All-star break

The injury thing is a problem of course but this can apply to every team in the league

If any team lost one of their top 3 guys, or one of their two superstars, they won't be in trouble.
Yea but these dudes were built around already having injury history. KD and Beal are just going to miss games at this point of their careers. It’s a built in factor that you should consider when putting this team together.

If I told you PHX top 4 guys would all be healthy enough come playoff time, is there any team other than Denver that you’d absolutely have beating them without thinking twice? I don’t see it.

Lot of #SameTier
If you told me all 4 of their top guys would be healthy I’d be shocked. Therein lies the problem. Health is a skill.

Yea but these dudes were built around already having injury history. KD and Beal are just going to miss games at this point of their careers. It’s a built in factor that you should consider when putting this team together.
Dude, I get you want to criticize the Suns lack of depth, ok. But it don't how roster construction overcomes one of your stars being injured when it comes to winning a chip. Which is what the Suns are trying to do in the near term. All that does is save you a couple extra wins in the regular season. If one of your stars are out, a team has little to no chance of championship anyway.

Like what specific criticism did you have of the Suns?

It would have been the better play. Keeping Chris Paul? Trading Paul for Jordan Poole instead?

You were calling Nurkic a big downgrade from Ayton. But look now the Trailblazers can stand dude either, and I think most people would take Allen+Nurkic instead of Ayton and Toumani Canara.

So what is the specific criticism then, the KD trade? That seems like the one that might be the one with more powerful arguments against it. Because the Suns passed on going after John Collins for that.

Maybe having those three instead of KD makes them a better regular season team, maybe gives them more options in future, but I dunno if it makes them a better chance at a championship team than what they have now.

Is you argument just with Book entering his prime, the Suns should have punted going for a championship for a couple years?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom