The Official NBA Season Thread: Player Option Day

sure but it was a weak HS class. i don't think his inclusion is some travesty.
he's very athletic. seems like a hard working kid. decent feel for the game.

55th pick just doesn't seem like that crazy or like a huge reach.
sure,

i guess i am just having a hard time seeing a reality in which nepotism isnt a key ingredient in this gumbo.

even though i dont see it as a really big deal.

maybe some folks will need to see the "Bronny 1" release before they truly see it?

i think of nepotism when you get something you're not qualified to get because of your family.

i think Bronny James is qualified for the 55th pick in the draft.
There's probably plenty of players who just went undrafted that were too and I also think someone not named Bronny is probably not even entering the draft to begin with when being evaluated imo.

I'm also trying to speak from the perspective that nepotism IS NOT a bad thing. It clearly helped which isn't a negative to me

former McDonald's all american that had a bad freshman season getting drafted with a 55th pick doesn't really scream nepotism to me.

really don't think it's that crazy
Sure.

At the same time, considering he was drafted by his Dad’s team, it doesn’t really scream “this was all about Bronny’s merits as a hooper” either. But I’m in the camp that doesn’t have a problem with nepotism being a factor.

Last edited:
Gotta feed dat algorithm.
When this hits the Alt Right Caitlin Clark fans timelines
mjcry1 (1).png

i can agree that it helped brony,

maybe its just a semantic argument,
i think of nepotism as when you get something you aren't qualified for.
TMYK: “Nepotism is the act of granting an advantage, privilege, or position to relatives or friends in an occupation or field.”

Has nothing to do with qualifications.

Bronny getting drafted is definitely a certain level of nepotism. Also, the Lakers aren’t going anywhere anyways and given how weak this draft is, I doubt whoever else they could’ve picked at 55th would’ve mattered.

NBA is still a business, this definitely gets ppl in seats and in front of TVs. Might as well 🤷🏽‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom