The Official NBA Season Thread: Player Option Day

No I never said that. There is nothing wrong with wanting to play with your son. But man all this manipulation is corny. Let the chips fall where they may. And if you’re gonna do it, then don't be disingenuous about it. I guarantee you that Klutch denies this report ever happened. Just like they deny Bron had nothing to do with the hiring of JJ Redick either huh?
If I have the power to have my son play alongside me, I’m 100% going to exercise that power :lol: This is some **** straight out of his wildest dream when HE was a kid, now it’s reality.

He’s the owner, president, CEO of the Lakers for all intents & purposes. He earned that seat by giving us 27/7/7 for 20 years which nobody has ever done.

He made the call on Redick. He made the call here. You gotta respect it. You can also criticize him heavily when it goes to hell (Westbrook)

And as an active player obviously that’s against the CBA so of course he & Rich won’t ever publicly speak on it :lol:

TMYK: “Nepotism is the act of granting an advantage, privilege, or position to relatives or friends in an occupation or field.”

Has nothing to do with qualifications.

yah appealing to the dictionary has limitations.

for example if a gm said, i'm going to draft x player, one positive is his dad played in the NBA and thus will better acclimate to the NBA lifestyle?

is that by your dictionary definition nepotism? sure, but do we look at it that way generally? not really.
you get all types of advantages being related to someone in your field. but we tend to only look at the advantages as nepotism when you get something you aren't qualified for.

He made the call on Redick. He made the call here. You gotta respect it. You can also criticize him heavily when it goes to hell (Westbrook)

And as an active player obviously that’s against the CBA so of course he & Rich won’t ever publicly speak on it :lol:

dont-tell-nobody-waynes-brothers.gif

Back
Top Bottom