The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Clips now regular starting lineup is +14 together in 209 minutes. That’s better than the starting lineup of every team ahead of them in the West. 10-3 record since going to it.

Powell for Mann with the other 4 starters is also +25 in 48 minutes.

The one with Russ starting instead of Mann was -23 in 70 minutes :lol:

Was so obvious what needed to happen the second the trade was made.
Facts.

Other things helping the situation: (1) Jim seems basically caught up conditioning and timing-wise from not having a training camp; (2) Kawhi’s latest software update appears to have fully downloaded now.

What’s the support for the DC hockey team like? Cuz surely the owners don’t think it’s that many die hard Wiz fans to follow them to a further out/inconvenient spot :lol: :smh:

Bet they wanna build their own lil entertainment district out there in VA like the Braves did when they moved up the road, that’s the new wave with owners now …The attendance in down years, which is most of the time with the Wizards is gonna be brutal
Pretty sure they’ve come close to selling out most games during the Ovechkin era, so almost like 20 years now. Much bigger fanbase than the Wiz. They’ll be fine in Alexandria.

Taking Wiz games and concerts/wrestling/shows/etc out of DC proper seems insane though.

IMG_2552.jpeg

Yes the Caps are more popular around the area, but at its heart DC is a basketball city.

Unfortunately the Wizards franchise is in the dumps so business wise I guess it makes sense to appeal to your more popular franchise (the Caps) and move to the burbs.

The Wizards move sucks

It was so convenient to go to Wizards games when I lived in the area and when I visit.

Not making that hike to Virginia to watch that damn Wizards.

I only go to Virginia for important things. Work, women, and El Pollo Rico

The more that I think about it the more I like the move actually.

D.C. is inconvenient

Looking back on it now, with both Wiggins and Poole having great seasons kind of out of nowhere, someone really may have sold their soul for that GSW 2022 title. :lol: Nothing else really explains it for me.

Wizards gotta change their name now. I hate “local” relocations. The Braves did something similar
The more I look into it it’s the same exacting the braves did, but for the Capitals…Move closer to the fans, money and get a better deal on real estate development round the arena by moving outside the city limits …Unfortunately for the Wizards they are an after thought in this scenario, but they always been with the current owners

The Wiz will never be good playing 2nd fiddle to owners that only care about hockey

The more that I think about it the more I like the move actually.

D.C. is inconvenient
If convenient is having to sit in traffic and pay $70 parking as your main option then you’ll def enjoy this move :lol:

Then you gon have to drive back into the city if you wanna do anything interesting that’s still open after the game…More convenience for you there

Looking back on it now, with both Wiggins and Poole having great seasons kind of out of nowhere, someone really may have sold their soul for that GSW 2022 title. :lol: Nothing else really explains it for me.

In order of importance to GS's titles.

1. KD (2 rings)
2. Draymond
3. Kyrie's knee
4. Kelly Olynk
5. Andrew Wiggins
6. Andre Eagle Dolla

79. Zaza taking out Kawhi
80. Steph

I had him listed as #5 for a reason.

1702482539921.png

Honestly the ideal move for Warriors next year would be to get Bron and move Klay and Wiggins for pieces.

Am I missing something here? Excuse my Canadian, but I Googled the distance. Alexandria is only 8 miles from Washington DC.

Is this that big of a deal?

insane that the owner is putting up $50 million for this project while local govt has to ante up about $900 million or something from taxpayers. insane

Am I missing something here? Excuse my Canadian, but I Googled the distance. Alexandria is only 8 miles from Washington DC.

Is this that big of a deal?
Their current Arena is located at a stop on the DC/subway Metro train line.

So it was very convenient to see games and avoid traffic. Take the metro in from Maryland or Virginia. See game. Hop back on metro.

The new stadium won't have a metro stop. So to see game people will have to drive. Or maybe take a shuttle from a metro stop. Virginia has horrible traffic

So it will have extra time and cost (paying for parking) to a lot of people wanting to go see games. Especially coming from Maryland.

Back
Top Bottom