The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

The Lakers job just isn’t appealing.

Then in the end they blame it all on you and you’re fired in two years. Who knows if you’ll get another HC job.

I guess the money if that’s truly your motivation.
If Hurley had failed, he could've gone back to college to revive Villanova or Georgetown while being $70M richer (this wasn't enough to force him to leave :smh:).

JJ during Game 3

3t8pb0.png

This is getting ridiculous. Boston is up 2-0. They had 4 players last night with 18+ points.
Folks want him to score 30 for no reason :lol:
Fans are salty the Celtics are playing so well, so they have to resort to bashing Tatum for not being good enough. If they win, a ring is a ring who cares how much he’s scoring

Fans are salty the Celtics are playing so well, so they have to resort to bashing Tatum for not being good enough. If they win, a ring is a ring who cares how much he’s scoring

Except theyre not playing that well :lol: . They've played much much better throughout the season and playoffs

Celtics dont have to play great to beat this Mavs team. Most of the people who picked the Mavs just dont like the Celtics.

On the other hand, Mavs playing like dog****

NBA is just a very difficult league to coach. Hurley is building something at UCONN and with how watered down the NCAAM is he will get multiple opportunities in the future.

Because you’re going to make a **** ton of money and you can go back to podcasting, announcing etc and make ever more when you’re done.

If it’s about the money then sure, go ahead and take it.

But if it’s about a long lasting coaching career? Nah.

I would have took the job, have the mindset that I will get fired after 2 yrs and collect the rest before next move. LA ain't a bad place to live :emoji_shrug:

Exactly. 70 million probably ends up being 25 after California state taxes

Last edited:
If it’s about the money then sure, go ahead and take it.

But if it’s about a long lasting coaching career? Nah.
By nature, the NBA isn’t really a long lasting coaching profession. JB Bickerstaff was the 6th longest tenured NBA HC before getting fired :lol:. If you impress people and you’re liked, then you might get another shot. I personally would just roll the dice.

Man, what? That’s not how taxes works

After federal/state taxes it’s definitely going to be under 35. I put 25 because I’m not 100% sure how state taxes work in California

It would definitely be in the 25-35 million range in California. Add the jock taxes, etc its definitely going below 35.

Okay Mr. Accountant, how much money do you actually take home, in terms of 70 million in California?

Back
Top Bottom