The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

WE Been saying this since December

giphy.gif

The 2024 Celtics may not be one of the best teams ever but they certainly had one of the best seasons ever.

I think that's where some of the narratives stem from.

if they went through and dominated their easy path and looked totally bullet proof for the playoff run?

sure maybe.

but after this playoffs? nah.

I don't believe in championship asterisk.

you win, you win.
Celtics fans should enjoy it.

BUT

i just won't be bouncing my grandkids on my knee telling them about this celtics team.

ands my estimation of Tatum and Brown and the rest of them won't change either.
Your gonna talk hoops to toddlers? I'd wait until at 6 or 7 when they can comprehend the game

They will be the champions, but all this historically great/all time team nonsense is a bridge too damn far.

Celtics are just a team weirdly built of some Super 2's, 2.5's and some 3's instead of having a team built around a superior 1 (or even two 1's) that can carry with their elite playmaking

They're an exception to the rule but they still checked off every box as a team relative to their era

they have lost two (2) games :lol:
I think what he’s saying is that there’s the objective numbers and the subjective lens through which we all look at this through. Don’t think people are going to remember this as one of the greatest seasons ever for the people who actually were around and saw it. Fair or unfair, that’s just the reality.

i mean sure if NBA teams gave NBA playoff effort for 82 games maybe this would make sense.

but they don't, so the tweet is dumb. 🤷‍♂️

In the regular season they were 64-18 (.780) with a net rating of +11.6.

In the postseason they're 15-2 (.882) with a net rating of +11.0.

If they win tonight they'll end up 80-20 combined. They were the best team all season by a fairly wide margin. 🤷‍♂️

I think what he’s saying is that there’s the objective numbers and the subjective lens through which we all look at this through. Don’t think people are going to remember this as one of the greatest seasons ever for the people who actually were around and saw it. Fair or unfair, that’s just the reality.
oh yeah I agree with that. Nobody might not care to remember if they repeat ngl

Back
Top Bottom