The Official NBA Season Thread

Steph can lie all he wants. We know how he really feels

1688744049583.png

If Ben Simmons can make demands, Dame can get traded to Miami.

Benjamin Simmons demanded a trade but he did not specify a team. Two entirely different situations.

Funnily enough one of the teams Morey was trying to pillage was Minnesota. He knew before the Goober trade that they were ripe to be ripped off :lol:

The Blazers were interested too. It would be comical if after all of this Dame or KAT ends up in BK and Benjamin ends up in Minny or Portland.

Call his bluff and trade him where? I’m all for the shenanigans but where could he go?

We have been seeing outlines of packages for weeks from teams outside of Portland. It is really dependent upon what Portland is looking for in return and I do not believe that has been made entirely clear. If we have reached a point where people are talking about it being a complex 4 or 5 team trade then clearly Miami's package alone is not compelling.

If it is a 4 or 5 team trade, i am not sure what Eastern Conference teams really have to gain by helping Miami form a super team that they will struggle to beat. Washington - okay, you are 4-5 years out so jump in for picks. But a team like Brooklyn? Why? Spurs would have to do a lot of the heavy lifting IMO.

The anti dame and heat people are truly disingenuous.

“Miami has the worst package!”

Herro, expiring contracts, 2023 first (Jacquez , 2 future firsts and a swap for Dame AND NURKIC

Ok what’s a better realistic package? Miamis isn’t incredible but far from bad.

Brogdan, Rob Williams 2 picks?

Harris and 2 picks?

Covington powell Mann 2 picks?

None of the above teams I’ve heard want Nurkic back and don’t include him in these same bloggers suggested trades.

Also we don’t know what Blazers told Dame when he signed the extension. They definitely didn’t hold their end of the bargain in building a good team and using their assets to make trades- if that was promised.

The anti dame and heat people are truly disingenuous.

“Miami has the worst package!”

Herro, expiring contracts, 2023 first (#18), 2 future firsts and a swap for Dame AND NURKIC

Ok what’s a better realistic package? Miamis isn’t incredible but far from bad.

Injured Brogdan, Rob Williams 2 picks?

Harris and 2 picks?

Covington powell Mann 2 picks?

None of the above teams I’ve heard want Nurkic back and don’t include him in these same bloggers suggested trades.

Also we don’t know what Blazers told Dame when he signed the extension. They definitely didn’t hold their end of the bargain in building a good team and using their assets to make trades.
I agree the only thing is blazers already have a Tyler herro in Simons

Spurs is the perfect landing spot for herro and nurkic tho, somehow gotta figure that part out

Benjamin Simmons demanded a trade but he did not specify a team. Two entirely different situations.

Funnily enough one of the teams Morey was trying to pillage was Minnesota. He knew before the Goober trade that they were ripe to be ripped off :lol:

The Blazers were interested too. It would be comical if after all of this Dame or KAT ends up in BK and Benjamin ends up in Minny or Portland.
BS didn't go to training camp and said he wouldn't suit up as if he been in Philly wasting his prime. Players do this, why is it now stopping with Dame. Send that man to South Beach :rofl:

I don't want basketball turning into football where people are holding out.
In this situation specifically, I don’t know which team is giving up anything worthwhile for a 33 year old who doesn’t want to be there :lol:

Which partly explains their lack of leverage here.

Dame only wants to play for 1 team, so you’re not getting much from the other 28 teams.

Teams also know that Portland would rather play the youngins instead of Herro so if you’re re-routing Herro somewhere you’re also not getting much from the other 28 teams :lol:

He’ll be in Miami by training camp.

Back
Top Bottom