The Official NBA Season Thread

Will never forget Wood with the Rockets refusing to shoot because he was frustrated with his touches :lol:

He’s very talented, has all the skills to be very, very productive next to Bron (and anyone else really, yet he remained unsigned :lol: ) but he has to leave his ego at the door.

If going undrafted didn’t fix it, I don’t know what will.

All that said, there are very few guys that can give you 25-30 on any given night for ~$2 mil. At that price he’s a no brainer. Im surprised someone like Golden State didn’t call.

This dude here lol

If this was the case then they did a very good job of hiding it. From the outside looking in, Harden did an excellent job during his tenure in Philly (given his limitations).
  • He was a mentor to Maxey
  • He took a backseat to Joel and helped him get his MVP (Harden even gifted Joel a watch)
  • He sacrificed $15mil to bring his boys in to help him win a chip
  • He had a good attitude towards his teammates
  • He seemed bought into the system
Declining the All Star invitation is a little lame but I don't know if that needs to be a headline. Even with his drama right now, him opting in was the best case for Philly because now he doesn't leave for nothing and we don't pay him the max.

As a Sixers fan, I'm not mad at Harden at all. I'd much prefer that he plays, but I am also intrigued to see how Maxey looks under a competent coach.

Jerry West was better than Oscar Robertson.

On the simple grounds alone that they had near similar caliber career offensive production, but Jerry West was a vastly superior defensive player.

Did they? Oscar Robertson had similar scoring volume as Jerry West while having a way bigger playmaking impact.

In fact, in their primes, when Oscar was healthy his teams had better offensive efficiency relative to league average.

1694017240787.png

And Jerry West had either Elgin Baylor or Wilt for his entire career. Oscars didn't have a second star and his teammates were worse until he got to Milwaukee.

So Oscar had better offenses with worse teammates, hard for me to think Oscar didn't have a bigger overall offensive impact.

Jerry was also a superior clutch player and performer.

Sure I might agree with you, but this is complicated by the fact that Jerry had better teams generally and more playoff opportunities.

I do think that Jerry's style was probably more conducive to playoff success in the vein of a Kobe for example. But it's not like Oscars wouldn't have been effective had he had more opportunity.

If you take into account where Jerry West was actually shooting from a lot of the time, pre-three-point line, you could probably add an easy 6 ppg onto his average and that’s conservative.

this is irrelevant, there was no 3 point line. so it really doesn't matter if hypothetically some of his shots would be 3 point shots in a future NBA.

but Jerry West was a vastly superior defensive player.

Guard defense in the 1960's, this has to be the least important era for guard defense. No 3 point line, no spacing, your defense was even more disproportional impacted by the quality of your bigs.

The Royals had undersized centers for most of Oscars career, I think people generally considered him solid. Jerry was probably better but ultimately it's guard defense in the 60's.

I doubt either are going to have a big impact on the quality of a teams defense.

As exciting as it is to see Canada make this run, I really wished Jamal Murray and Wiggins were able to play at this event. They'll need all the talent they can get if they face the US in the finals.

Plus it moves RJ Barrett to the bench and that's a win.

watching Luka and shai in person was a treat.

Luka whines like crazy and flops every play but has a super natural feel for the game and elite touch. His passes are absurd. Luka also shouted at the ref “ are you canadian too?” :lol:

Shai’s shiftyness and the way he can stop on a dime and get to any spot on the floor is crazy . My acl’s hurt looking at him stop and change directions.

Dillon brooks was all over luka and trolling him. He played under control and was making plays on both ends.

Rj moves like a robot but was super aggresive trying to shoot on every play.
0FA827B2-9CCB-4ECC-ABA8-675C204F53FB.jpeg

Luka whines like crazy and flops every play but has a super natural feel for the game and elite touch. His passes are absurd. Luka also shouted at the ref “ are you canadian too?” :lol:

Shai’s shiftyness and the way he can stop on a dime and get to any spot on the floor is crazy . My acl’s hurt looking at him stop and change directions.

Dillon brooks was all over luka and trolling him. He played under control and was making plays on both ends.

I tore my meniscus over a year ago and i felt it every time SGA would stop like that. :lol:

Sick pic

Back
Top Bottom