The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

I think Horford gets in with a huge assist from his college years. 2x NCAA champ does a lot for his case. Guess we'll see

Has an Olympic gold and could get another this Summer. If that happens, I think he gets in the HOF.
idk, and I like Jrue

They are letting anybody in now days though, he's on Mitch Richmond level to me, but at least Mitch had some all NBA's on him

Has an Olympic gold and could get another this Summer. If that happens, I think he gets in the HOF.
Yea, but not as a featured player in any of those settings. If he gets in, cool but if I had to bet on it I would say absolutely not. Jrue Holiday doesn't have to be mentioned when telling the story if basketball.

I think Horford gets in with a huge assist from his college years. 2x NCAA champ does a lot for his case. Guess we'll see
Zero chance in hell man.

A late career role player chip really has this Al Horford HoF thing going up.

Al Horford is not a Hall of FAME guy man. He was good for a very long time. That's an achievement in itself. But if should end there.
The floor in most Hall of Fames are people who were very good for a very long time

and those are the Pro Only Hall of Fames

Just like Dwight was left off Top 75 for lack of relationships. Horford will get his boost for having them.

The game is the game. Way too late to gatekeep these things like there was some high standard

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Wanted to clarify that I love Horford but he's definitely not my personal standard of Hall of Fame. With who is getting in now I wouldn't be surprised though

I don't remember where it came from, but I think a good benchmark for a HoFer should be "Do I have to ask?"

Then it's a no

Hate to nit pick but the presentation really made me feel like grandpa Simpson this season :lol: :smh:

They really killed any sort of atmosphere for the biggest showcase for the league and you wouldn't know the stakes at a glance. Felt like Friday night NBA broadcasts for regular season game 15 with the B-team commentators.

The start of the pre-games was extra trash showing us terrible takes from a chemistry-less crew of SAS, Malika, Wilbon, Bob Myers and *insert random player/CAA client* instead of the player intros and finals pageantry that actually makes it feel different and special.

No Finals branding/logos on court or the baseline either, besides YoutubeTV and Michelob Ultra because we obviously wouldn't know who the leagues partners are from the 20000 ads uring the game >D, or visible on the sleeves either. Only on the back of the jerseys.

I felt like Kendrick on Euphoria because I hated everything about the ESPN broadcasts nightly :lol: :smh: . The word has become overused like crazy but they really took a sledgehammer to the whole 'aura' and allure of the Finals this year. Did not feel like an event at all
Co-sign x a thousand

There's no gravitas or pomp and circumstance to the games. It just feels like a regular night. Maybe that's the challenge of a series compared to a single game but it's just hollow. And add the fact that there's more criticism than praise in the sport at times.. it just feels unfulfilling

1718772283934.png

Parity is being promoted its getting real nasty elpablo21 elpablo21

ESPN just lazy and puts everything into those goofy *** debate shows

Next year's Finals pregame and postgame gonna be a Pat McAfee and SAS faceoff
Having said that... If the Knicks win this year.. SAS could punch Caitlin Clark in the face pregame and they could have Embiid and Jokic play rock paper scissors for MVP during the post game and I wouldn't give a damn

Last edited:
Ight now that this little Celtics chip bull**** is over with.

I can continue with my “Luka needs to leave Dallas” narrative I’ve been pushing the last few years.

We’re back gentlemen!

1718772283934.png

Parity is being promoted its getting real nasty elpablo21 elpablo21
I don't knock the gig Adam Goodell is trying to do and parity isn't all that bad as much as I joke about it. More fanbases feel included

But The golden era of the league was when two teams basically won all the chips in the same decade and so on and so forth 🤷🏿‍♂️

Either way the Celtics repeat and break his "golden era" or maybe a new team starts to build a new dynasty even with this new CBA (which requires a generational prospect 🤔)

Having said that... If the Knicks win this year.. SAS could punch Caitlin Clark in the face pregame and they could have Embiid and Jokic play rock paper scissors during the post game and I wouldn't give a damn
As long as SAS isn't allowed in the locker room to celebrate while mistaking Mcbride for Hart and Hart for Quickley. I'll allow it

Back
Top Bottom