The Official NBA Season Thread: Lakers Hire JJ Redick

9f25defa07123e2043ad6dd36647fe3c.png

I'm glad he didn't repeat it but once or twice more. It's wack af. And choreographed. Not smooth or cool. Just a random 2k animation that you can't stop once you start, you just have to let it finish. Pound your chest once or twice and move on b.

I am not really sure what the NBA can do about injuries so it’s kind of something they have to live with. Maybe more flexing for national TV games throughout the season?

I haven't completely gone thru every player/era to confirm, but I feel like the modern era missing games thing is overblown by the longevity of the players.

Players primes and peaks used to be done by 30-31-32ish. Then father time took all their souls.

Players now like Bron, KD, CP3, Harden, Lillard extending their career's. Kobe, Dirk, Duncan, Vince, Pierce, Nash, Payton had long(ger) runs.

I guess, you can have guys play 80+ games + playoffs for 10-11ish years and be done at 31-32

Or

Guys can play 60-65ish + playoffs and maybe get to 16-17 years and be done at 35-36.

Which is better? I don't know. Not even 100% sure I have the math right. Just feels like we've seen an increase in guys hitting age 35-36-37 and still being effective compared to the 70's-80's-early 90's. Kareem + Karl Malone the only two I can think of that hit that mark. MJ kinda, but he also took two years off. Iono.

I haven't completely gone thru every player/era to confirm, but I feel like the modern era missing games thing is overblown by the longevity of the players.

Players primes and peaks used to be done by 30-31-32ish. Then father time took all their souls.

Players now like Bron, KD, CP3, Harden, Lillard extending their career's. Kobe, Dirk, Duncan, Vince, Pierce, Nash, Payton had long(ger) runs.

I guess, you can have guys play 80+ games + playoffs for 10-11ish years and be done at 31-32

Or

Guys can play 60-65ish + playoffs and maybe get to 16-17 years and be done at 35-36.

Which is better? I don't know. Not even 100% sure I have the math right. Just feels like we've seen an increase in guys hitting age 35-36-37 and still being effective compared to the 70's-80's-early 90's. Kareem + Karl Malone the only two I can think of that hit that mark. MJ kinda, but he also took two years off. Iono.

Interesting observation and theory. I think a lot of the dudes listed in the post were legitimate injuries, though which is different IMO. Missed games due to “rest” is what people take issue with. Here and there is acceptable but some teams it acceptable.

I think the point atlsfinest atlsfinest was making that it really just sucks from a fan perspective. For example, when teams from an opposing conference sit out for a road game or even in conference when visiting teams sit their stars for both games (I believe this happened with GSW at New Orleans). Especially in an era where it feels like fandom is more player driven than before.

Jones had moved to Boston to live with him, and there was concern that the two were spending the dark Massachusetts winters isolated at home, bingeing YouTube. Someone who knew Irving at the time brought up the flat-Earth theory with him and Jones. “Alex is like, ‘I don’t know, man. We don’t know the Earth is round. Kyrie and I have been watching stuff,’” the source said. “Kyrie kept asking if we knew for sure that it was ‘constitutionally’ round.” The conclusion: “Oh, ****. They really believe that.” (To be fair to Irving, it’s never been entirely clear he does. He once gave an onstage apology to “all the science teachers … coming up to me like, ‘You know I’ve got to reteach my whole curriculum?!’”)

After the scandal had blown over, a close ally of Irving’s gave me his side of the story. For one, the documentary appealed to his interest in ancestry. “It’s like, Oh my God, we were the original tribes of Israel? This seems even more, like, We’re kings and queens.” They also suggested Irving hadn’t seen the entirety of the nearly four-hour film. “He watched little parts of it and probably fell asleep,” they said. “It is not a really good, put-together film. At one point, you really do go, ‘There’s something ****ed up with this documentary,’ and that’s when they quoted Hitler. But that happened toward the end of the movie!”

Grenade talk.

Wish they touched on the topic of giving the ball to your teammate at the end of the game for a shot clock violation, which is a team turnover and not an individual turnover.

Grenade talk.

Wish they touched on the topic of giving the ball to your teammate at the end of the game for a shot clock violation, which is a team turnover and not an individual turnover.

Rust, Officer Jim, CP3 and Lebby being the leaders in tossed grenades over the last decade :lol:

This was funny too:
"Honestly, I don't know the rule," Grizzlies superstar Ja Morant told ESPN, meaning no veteran ever pulled him aside to discuss specific anti-grenade guidelines. "But it's, 'My bad,' for sure [if a grenade is thrown], unless they make it. I'll still be like, 'My bad, but good shot.' And you get points, so hey! I feel like we're both happy.

This is why Memphis needs to add vets

Back
Top Bottom