The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

pmatic pmatic I had to go to Lynchburg, VA for two days before to buy a car.

Place was completely different than Northern VA. Felt like another planet.

Saw a sign for “blue ridge mountains” - I had to leave ASAP.

IMG_0549.jpg
Damn maybe son really can't chop it off, terrible head shape.

You don’t even think that’s where the Northeast starts?

I always did.

Where would you say the Northeast starts then?
Delaware/Philly
1. Saying DC isn’t NE is criminal
2. DC is a transplant city
DC being a transplant city doesn’t have anything to do with what it is, though. It’s def mid-Atlantic IMO.

It was chocolate city for years until intense gentrification. Nothing culturally about it was similar to the major NE cities IMO

1. Saying DC isn’t NE is criminal
2. DC is a transplant city

Right?

Every person I’ve ever met, hung out with, went to school with, worked from the DMV (White, Black, etc) felt way more Northeastern than Southern to me man.

Yes they’re a bit more different but still.

Delaware/Philly

DC being a transplant city doesn’t have anything to do with what it is, though. It’s def mid-Atlantic IMO.

It was chocolate city for years until intense gentrification. Nothing culturally about it was similar to the major NE cities IMO

Ah, I see what you mean.

But I think now, culturally, they’re more Northeastern.

Delaware/Philly

Geographically, you are 100% correct but…

Ah, I see what you mean.

But I think now, culturally, they’re more Northeastern.

THIS.

Culturally they’re more similar to North/South Carolina than New York. Where y’all be at in DC? :lol:

This is one of those things where on an aggregate, perhaps, but nowhere I go in DC reminds me of the Carolinas. Georgetown, 14th St, Navy Yard, Capitol Hill remind me of NYC not Charleston or even Charlotte.

Geographically, you are 100% correct but…

THIS.

This is one of those things where on an aggregate, perhaps, but nowhere I go in DC reminds me of the Carolinas. Georgetown, 14th St, Navy Yard, Capitol Hill remind me of NYC not Charleston or even Charlotte.

I’ve been to South Carolina a couple times.

Now that’s the SOUTH-SOUTH.

No way are they even close to being like people from DC. No way.

Back
Top Bottom