The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

this squad/coaching effort hurt usa basketball and made itself look foolish

throwing out a bunch of "up and coming" american players and having them lose to a c squad of mostly unknowns in the semifinals is something that should be addressed

this squad/coaching effort hurt usa basketball and made itself look foolish

throwing out a bunch of "up and coming" american players and having them lose to a c squad of mostly unknowns in the semifinals is something that should be addressed
The World Cup will always be comprised of the "up and coming" players. The elite veteran players prioritize being on the Olympic team more than the WC.

USA has been on the wrong track since Pop. Kerr can at least say he finished better than Pop but any Team USA team that doesn't have a commitment to defense first won't win. Offense outside of the 04 Olympics has never been the problem. You need active guys that can defend without fouling. JJJ let his arrogance get the best of him because he played awful the entire tournament. He deserves the slander.

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
Oh is this comp starting up for real for real? Cause Haliburton > Trae Young IMO.
I wasn’t making a direct comparison or even trying to say the team would’ve been better off with Trae. I’m pointing out you can tell who people like and don’t like. Tyrese is a negative defender but you won’t hear about it.

I’d still lean Trae at least until I see haliburton in the playoffs. They are both as #SameTier as it gets though.

FSmV1nrWAAQ4VRd.jpg:large

The World Cup will always be comprised of the "up and coming" players. The elite veteran players prioritize being on the Olympic team more than the WC.

i understand. my point is that perhaps hype was taken over talent / cohesion as far as some player selections. the usa has a wide pool of players. they really shouldn't have lost to germany

Memba that games minimum requirement needed for those awards.

How many games did MVPiid play?

i understand. my point is that perhaps hype was taken over talent / cohesion as far as some player selections. the usa has a wide pool of players. they really shouldn't have lost to germany
I thought this team needed another guard defender (Caruso) and proven post defender (Looney), but who knows. Probably didn't need to bring both Paolo (had a good showing overall though) and Kessler. Team put a lot of eggs on JJJ's shoulders and he didn't produce. Brunson had his moments, but ultimately, not sure he was worth it either.

This is the mentality why we lose in these tournaments. These other countries play better because we simply don't prioritize. Especially now that the WC is held one year before the OLY, which was stupid to do by FIBA.

lol i love it ! 2 great defensive guys no doubt when locked in

Embiid for his career avg 1.7 BPG in reg season

Bam for his career avg 0.9 in reg season

Embiid almost avg 3 BPG (2.8 these playoffs on a torn knee - let that sink in real quick

Bam avg 0.7 these playoffs

when embiid locks in on defense EYE dont think anyone is remotely similar to protecting the rim

Davis and embiid 1 A and 1 B

Back
Top Bottom