The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

1703715211555.png

Nonsense.

They’re fine as long as you raise them right.

I swear I see Suburban women walking so many pit-muts. :lol:
Got 2 pits and they’re literally the most gentle, loving dogs you could own. Pits were nanny dogs that people historically used to babysit kids. Anti-Pit rhetoric is usually just thinly veiled racism towards Black people. They do studies on best temperaments and Pit Bulls always are near the top.

1703714815752.jpeg

1703715071139.jpeg

Got 2 pits and they’re literally the most gentle, loving dogs you could own. Pits were nanny dogs that people historically used to babysit kids. Anti-Pit rhetoric is usually just thinly veiled racism towards Black people. They do studies on best temperaments and Pit Bulls always are near the top.

1703714815752.jpeg

1703715071139.jpeg

Yup. Absolutely. Def racial undertones.

South Florida had pit bulls BANNED for decades. Me and my roommates tried to get one in College - Nope. Me and my ex - Nope.

They lifted the ban after 35 years JUST last year.

1703714815752.jpeg

1703715071139.jpeg
Yeah often it is but not always. I think there are legitimate reasons people have dislike of the breed.

I think there are clearly and issue with breeders and owners. Overbreeding them, and not properly training them.

Aren't pits the leading dog when it comes to bites and deaths? Most animal shelters I have been involved with the most abandoned breed are pits. I have read numerous news stories saying this too.

Well trained and well socialized pits are safe, but there are enough Pits of there that aren't. Those who aren't, are a danger. And it seems they are way too many of those out there.

Yea I understand that.

They definitely are overbreeded because everyone’s trying to make a buck. I had an older cousin who used to do this. He was a dirtbag.

I just wanted it to be clear that if you raise them right they’ll be fine.

Yea I understand that.

They definitely are overbreeded because everyone’s trying to make a buck. I had an older cousin who used to do this. He was a dirtbag.

I just wanted it to be clear that if you raise them right they’ll be fine.
Yeah, it’s a ****ty cycle.

I think RustyShackleford RustyShackleford alluded to it earlier, but because of their reputation as tough, etc. dogs, they attract a high percentage of people who are not going to make good owners. Not going properly train them, not going to get them fixed and will quickly dump them if they get too difficult for their liking. That’s part of why shelters are loaded with Pits and Pit-mixes. And since they are overbreeded, there’s just not enough good owners to take them all in :frown:

But the ones I’ve known who have had good, loving homes have been great dogs.

Yeah often it is but not always. I think there are legitimate reasons people have dislike of the breed.

I think there are clearly and issue with breeders and owners. Overbreeding them, and not properly training them.

Aren't pits the leading dog when it comes to bites and deaths? Most animal shelters I have been involved with the most abandoned breed are pits. I have read numerous news stories saying this too.

Well trained and well socialized pits are safe, but there are enough Pits of there that aren't. Those who aren't, are a danger. And it seems they are way too many of those out there.
It’s not a breed thing though. You said breeders and owners. That’s a human thing.

Pits are not inherently dangerous at all. Like I said chihuahuas, golden retrievers etc are WAY more aggressive on the American Kennel Clubs dog temperament test. Easily verifiable and you can look that up. Reports of dog biting is also very dependent on other factors. Are you going to report when a 5 pound dog bites you versus a 75 pound dog bites you? There’s also various reasons why Pits end up in shelters. A lot of buildings in NY put racist breed restrictions on housing or size bans, so when Pits get past the little puppy stage they are de facto banned from buildings. Any poorly trained dog is susceptible to some sort of acting out. I repeat, there is nothing inherently dangerous or aggressive about Pit Bulls.

Last edited:
It’s not a breed thing though. You said breeders and owners. That’s a human thing.

Pits are not inherently dangerous at all. Like I said chihuahuas, golden retrievers etc are WAY more aggressive on the American Kennel Clubs dog temperament test. Easily verifiable and you can look that up. Reports of dog biting is also very dependent on other factors. Are you going to report when a 5 pound dog bites you versus a 75 pound dog bites you? There’s also various reasons why Pits end up in shelters. A lot of buildings in NY put racist breed restrictions on housing or size bans, so when Pits get past the little puppy stage they are de factor banned from buildings. Any poorly trained dog is susceptible to some sort of acting out. I repeat, there is nothing inherently dangerous or aggressive about Pit Bulls.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there a bit, features of the breed make them an issue too. Sure human factors are a driving force but the unique features of the dog exacerbate it.

Like you said, the size. If pits were the size of a Chihuahua, it wouldn't be an issue.

And also, you didn't give a plausible reason why deaths would be skewed.

Like I am not blaming the pits. They are just dogs. It is a subgroup of humans and their lack of care that have caused the breed to have such a bad reputation.

But in the end, I just feel that it would be better if there were less of them around.

Watch this or put this on your playlist when you guys have a chance (promise you’ll enjoy it).

This how I’ve always felt about cats. From the smallest felines to the biggest ones. They’re OP.

(Dude is hilarious too)

Back
Top Bottom