The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

The heat/blazers/bucks love affair shouldn’t be brought up until the playoffs. Shout out to to the Heat guys but this is still the regular season

Hayes is gone from the Pistons and probably the league after this season, but Monty still gives him all this playing time.

So Monty didn't want Haliburton

Gave up on Jalen Smith within a season

But outchea still giving Killian Hayes chances :smh:

Adam Silver gotta step in. Cade don't deserve this
Was the weirdest choice and yet folks in here were justifying playing hayes. Idk what kind of twilight zone we were all experiencing but glad folks woke up

Pistons midas whale bring back my guy Stanley Johnson. They need to make some kind of roster moves soon, show some urgency

Will they embrace the tank? Or double down on vets?

At this point, I think they should embrace the tank and go after Siakim in the offseason. But if they don't want to risk losing him via trade, then Ivey + a first + filler should be fair.

They can keep their vets if they want to be competitive next year, but Hayes and Wiseman gotta go. Those bets did not pay off and they should cut their losses.

Isaiah Livers is shooting 28% from the field. That team is big trash, and Monty is as well., but the real person to look at is Troy Weaver. I saw a list of his acquisitions since taking over and it's ugly

And Duren isn't as athletic/mobile as he appears.

Oh ok, still take him over Ousmane Dieng 11 times out of 10 though. But funny enough, Ousmane might be the 3rd best player or so if he was on that team

Will they embrace the tank? Or double down on vets?

At this point, I think they should embrace the tank and go after Siakim in the offseason. But if they don't want to risk losing him via trade, then Ivey + a first + filler should be fair.

They can keep their vets if they want to be competitive next year, but Hayes and Wiseman gotta go. Those bets did not pay off and they should cut their losses.
Why would you give up all that in a trade for Siakam if you’re Detroit?

Why would you give up all that in a trade for Siakam if you’re Detroit?

As I said, I'd rather they tank the season and go after him in the offseason. But if Siakim will be traded at the deadline and they are afraid to lose out on him, I think that's a fair deal.

The first should be a future first and not this year.

Either way, the direction of the front office is very unclear. They obviously wanted to compete this year but the results are quite the opposite. Not sure where they stand right now.

Trade or buy our Bogdanovic before the deadline solely to do him a solid, then otherwise stand pat and fulfill their destiny of ending with the worst record in NBA history.

Then ownership should go full purge in the offseason. Cade, Thompson, Duren and Ivey can stay. Changing everything else should be on the table.

Isaiah Livers is shooting 28% from the field. That team is big trash, and Monty is as well., but the real person to look at is Troy Weaver. I saw a list of his acquisitions since taking over and it's ugly

And Duren isn't as athletic/mobile as he appears.

His first two years were okay, but it seems like he really dropped the ball after drafting Cade as he did a piss poor job building around him.
  • He drafted Hays over Hali and Maxi (lots of GMs regret it), that was a miss but his other picks were good with Duren/Ivey/Stew/ Ausar
  • Signed Plumlee and Grant on good deals
  • The assets collected from the Grant trade eventually became Jalen Duren (the other picks are not even worth mentioning)
  • Traded Saben Lee and Kelly Olynyk for Bojan Bogdanovic <--- good but not game-changing
  • Traded Kevin Knox and Saddiq Bey for James Wiseman. <--- bad
  • Overpaid Monty to be the head coach
He hasn't done any catastrophic moves and has a lot of expiring contracts this year. The losses are really bad right now, but if you take a step back, you'll see that they have a franchise player, solid young talent, a good coach (I think?), and expiring contracts.

I think now that Weaver is seeing Cade healthy, he should prioritize fitting the team around him instead of drafting for the best talent.

I think Cade and Ausar (for now) should be untouchable. Maybe even Duren (for now).

Don’t really see how you could be open to trading for Wiggins unless Kum or Moody are being thrown in.

Or I guess if you had even worse money you’re trying to unload, but not sure why GS would want that.

Warriors gonna trade Wiggins, let Klay walk then cut CP3 in the summer.
I think Kerr quits like Bob did
It'll be the Steph & Draymond show soon.

Back
Top Bottom