The Official NBA Season Thread: Lakers Hire JJ Redick

Screenshot_20240218_014522_Chrome.jpg

Interviewer: Reggie, who's your favorite female bball player?

Reggie: Sue Wu
1708281075622.jpeg

As for Reggie, he actually wasn't as great as people remember. He was a tremendous showman and entertainer, and has a couple iconic moments, but he was also only a 5-time All-Star, and only once consecutively. He made All-NBA 3rd team three times. Those Pacers teams made a lot of ECFs but only one Finals, which is sort of a compliment considering the strength of the East in the 90s. They just couldn't ever get over the hump.

I'll piggyback off this because I completely agree...said for years he was overrated. His peak (Smit years) and peak visibility came at a time the NBA was begging for an established star to take the torch Jordan abruptly left behind. Penny and Grant Hill were just getting started, and then you had a bunch of great (some becoming over the hill) bigs, some older PGs, but not an established superstar. Reggie was the best player on a very good team and that visibility propped him up more than what it probably should have been. All-time great shooter, but not really an all-time great overall player to me. Hall of very good type.

The players in the dunk contest also don’t have any showmanship anymore. They do their dunks then have 0 reaction, so they’re telling the crowds that was nothing special.
The too cool to care non-chalantness definitely has an impact on the crowd reaction.

Dudes used to get hyped after pulling whatever they were trying off and the crowd would feed off that energy, now guys look like they're doing a chore then still expect folks to get out their seats :lol:

The vibes have been off for years now

I want to take time out and say that I'm extremely proud of everyone in here and the creativity this thread has.

The too cool to care non-chalantness definitely has an impact on the crowd reaction.

Dudes used to get hyped after pulling whatever they were trying off and the crowd would feed off that energy, now guys look like they're doing a chore then still expect folks to get out their seats :lol:

The vibes have been off for years now
also these are no offense but pretty no name players
like mac mclung is cool but we haven't seen him ball or be in the playoffs

vince carter and stoudemire and dhoward in the contest was exciting becuase we also saw em dunk in games

also these are no offense but pretty no name players
like mac mclung is cool but we haven't seen him ball or be in the playoffs

vince carter and stoudemire and dhoward in the contest was exciting becuase we also saw em dunk in games

nba star attraction is still present. more than ever probably

nba just needs to reconsider who it props up as its spokespeople
same people are getting checks while cutting down players, games, events
same old heads every year with the same opinions just to get jokes off

seriously man, the older i get the more i realize that old people ruin everything

nba star attraction is still present. more than ever probably

nba just needs to reconsider who it props up as its spokespeople
same people are getting checks while cutting down players, games, events
same old heads every year with the same opinions just to get jokes off
The top guys, if they aren't in one of the events, don't even go to AS Saturday night anymore. Dudes used to love it and be in there with cam corders. Mad legends used to go. The top guys don't gaf, so the younger guys learning from example.

BPG is really good. You aren’t winning a title with him as your #1 guy, but he’s in the tier right under the most elite wings of the generation he played in. Him and Jimmy Butler.

Back
Top Bottom