The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Watching Klay this year been tough, man.

Guy’s cooked and he knows he’s cooked. Man walked off the floor last night like he knew it was over.
Sad.
did he walked off doing this?

Attachments

• 4 rings.jpg
    4 rings.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 494
Even if he had been consistent across the season in what world is a guy shooting 39% on 3’s and dropping 270 of them in the season “cooked”? I can’t make sense of that
He's feast or famine offensively and isn't a reliable defender anymore. He never really rebounded or made plays for others in the traditional sense.

Klay 34 and doesn’t have Lebron athleticism
He hasn’t been athletic at all for 6 years. I’m not sure how that’s an argument against him. You’d have a great point if his percentage dropped 10 pts or he failed to get the same number of attempts. Dude has never created his shot off the dribble

I rather see Steph, Klay and Draymond stay with the Warriors. But at that point, everyone has to accept they likely won't go on deep runs anymore.

If you’re not contending, then there’s no reason to put up with Draymond’s antics.

He's feast or famine offensively and isn't a reliable defender anymore. He never really rebounded or made plays for others in the traditional sense.
Yeah but it turns out there’s still roles for guys like that. Good coaches get shooters like him into feast mode by putting them in situations to succeed. The Warriors are so messed up I think you’d need another situation to judge and say he has no place on an NBA team anymore.

He hasn’t been athletic at all for 6 years. I’m not sure how that’s an argument against him. You’d have a great point if his percentage dropped 10 pts or he failed to get the same number of attempts. Dude has never created his shot off the dribble
2 sides of the ball

If you put up bricks and can’t defend how do you stay on the floor?

Klay like Sixers Danny Green this point in his career.

If he signs for a contender on the low he can probably get another ring, but him leading a team with Steve and Dray is out of the question. Golden State would probably have to sign Lebron or something.

Last edited:
2 sides of the ball

If you put up bricks and can’t defend how fo you stay on the floor?
We’re pretending there aren’t worse 3 pt shooters making more money and playing equally bad defense? Should Trae Young head to China cause he’s cooked too or does he get a pass for worse shooting cause of the APG?

Point stands, a guy who shot 39% and hit 270 3’s isn’t “cooked” even if his career is winding down.

Even if he had been consistent across the season in what world is a guy shooting 39% on 3’s and dropping 270 of them in the season “cooked”? I can’t make sense of that
0 for 10 for 32 minutes in a Do or Die game. can't seem to remember which All-Star player had that stat other than Klay.

klay was just too inconsistent this year. some nights his shot looks like it never left, and other nights he was just bricking it up.

0 for 10 for 32 minutes in a Do or Die game. can't seem to remember which All-Star player had that stat other than Klay.
Of course it was bad 😂 my point is making crazy *** declarations about a guy’s career being over after hitting 270 3’s this year on 39% is insane. It’s as bad as the homerism of warriors fans still deluded thinking they were winning it all this year.

What I saw in that game last night was the pressure cooker on the entire team, knowing they didn’t have it and trying too hard with that in the back of their minds.

Toxic work environments, especially public facing, do have an impact on everyone involved. And he shouldn’t be on a team constructed so poorly, but his career ain’t over.

We’re pretending there aren’t worse 3 pt shooters making more money and playing equally bad defense? Should Trae Young head to China cause he’s cooked too or does he get a pass for worse shooting cause of the APG?

Point stands, a guy who shot 39% and hit 270 3’s isn’t “cooked” even if his career is winding down.
6a75570f-8720-49f6-8bfb-d04397365a04_text.gif

Plus he’s 25, if you pair him with someone like Wemby you can minimize his weaknesses.

Of course it was bad 😂 my point is making crazy *** declarations about a guy’s career being over after hitting 270 3’s this year on 39% is insane. It’s as bad as the homerism of warriors fans still deluded thinking they were winning it all this year.

What I saw in that game last night was the pressure cooker on the entire team, knowing they didn’t have it and trying too hard with that in the back of their minds.

Toxic work environments, especially public facing, do have an impact on everyone involved. And he shouldn’t be on a team constructed so poorly, but his career ain’t over.
I dunno. in fairness, he's still decent but decent doesn't cut it especially how much he is getting paid. I guess the word we are looking for that he ain't All-Star caliber anymore but a decent bench player or 6th man?

6a75570f-8720-49f6-8bfb-d04397365a04_text.gif

Plus he’s 25, if you pair him with someone like Wemby you can minimize his weaknesses.
Just like if you give Klay a team with better slash and drive guys he’d probably have some of his weaknesses minimized.

And I’m not saying he’s top ____, but when Grayson Allen gets $70M with mediocre d and great 3pt shooting the idea Klay’s career is over is ridiculous. There’s plenty of places he could be used and his weaknesses minimized. And Jesus Christ, that video breakdown of the Warriors last night made it clear as day there’s a problem with coaching there.

I dunno. in fairness, he's still decent but decent doesn't cut it especially how much you are getting paid for. I guess the word we are looking for that he ain't All-Star caliber anymore but a decent bench player or 6th man?
Yeah he’s clearly a role player whether it’s starting or coming off the bench. When has this not happened to guys at 35 who were never the #1 option?

Big difference between transitioning to a role player and no longer having enough value to play in the NBA 🤣

Back
Top Bottom