The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Kinda crazy how the younger generations grew up on sports betting and microtransactions in games and streamers, OF etc. Johntay is what happens when it gets bad.

Kyrie isn’t wrong on Team USA. People assume I’m rooting against this team for Trump or political reasons but I'm rooting against the team for basketball reasons. Grant Hill is taking us backwards. No more tryouts, no more guaranteed 4 year commitments, etc. Essentially the structure that was put in place was dismantled by Grant. I also have a problem with Kerr trying to turn Team USA into Golden State USA. We had 0 impact bigs and thinking AD and Bam are going to mix it up is a bad idea. I don't want Team USA going back to luring big names that will probably not participate leaving us with 00 and 04 all over again.

The hyperbole up in here is insane :lol:

Screenshot_20240418_130740_Chrome.jpg

10 protections? Lol

“EVERYONE HEALTHY” or in other words….

I recall the Lakers are one of the most injured teams all season with their other BIG CWood who has missed damn near all of the 2nd half of the season. Vando, their small ball big, has been out damn near the entire year, which clearly has affected the way Ham has used his lineups.

So $1k or not?

I’m not reading all that.

Kyrie isn’t wrong on Team USA. People assume I’m rooting against this team for Trump or political reasons but I'm rooting against the team for basketball reasons. Grant Hill is taking us backwards. No more tryouts, no more guaranteed 4 year commitments, etc. Essentially the structure that was put in place was dismantled by Grant. I also have a problem with Kerr trying to turn Team USA into Golden State USA. We had 0 impact bigs and thinking AD and Bam are going to mix it up is a bad idea. I don't want Team USA going back to luring big names that will probably not participate leaving us with 00 and 04 all over again.
Eh, not sure I can blame Grant. With the change in the basketball schedule, players don't want to commit two summers in a row to Team USA.

I think 2008 was a perfect storm for everyone (players, Team USA, Nike) wanting to make up for the embarrassments of 2004/2006 and cashing in on China market. So everyone committed to the four year plan and sacrificed.

Eh, not sure I can blame Grant. With the change in the basketball schedule, players don't want to commit two summers in a row to Team USA.

I think 2008 was a perfect storm for everyone (players, Team USA, Nike) wanting to make up for the embarrassments of 2004/2006 and cashing in on China market. So everyone committed to the four year plan and sacrificed.
I hear you but I'm thinking about the 2010 and 2014 world championship teams. Those USA teams were filled with guys that had been in the USA training camps and built continuity over the years even though many of the players on those teams weren't on the Olympic squads. My favorite USA team was the Durant led 2010 team. K gave him the green light like no other USA player had and guys like Steph, Billups, Eric Gordon were the snipers, Love and LO were the bigs and Rose and Brody caused havoc.

I'm worried that we are a flameout away from.going back to the 04 years. I'd still rather have a pool of guys practicing over the summer with Team USA than hoping guys can figure it out in a month which is what happened last summer.

I hear you but I'm thinking about the 2010 and 2014 world championship teams. Those USA teams were filled with guys that had been in the USA training camps and built continuity over the years even though many of the players on those teams weren't on the Olympic squads. My favorite USA team was the Durant led 2010 team. K gave him the green light like no other USA player had and guys like Steph, Billups, Eric Gordon were the snipers, Love and LO were the bigs and Rose and Brody caused havoc.

I'm worried that we are a flameout away from.going back to the 04 years. I'd still rather have a pool of guys practicing over the summer with Team USA than hoping guys can figure it out in a month which is what happened last summer.
This team got highjacked by the oldheads. :lol: I thought they would've gone with a younger guy than Kawhi for the last spot.

I still have my 2010 WC shorts. Nike been downhill designing for Team USA since. :smh:

This team got highjacked by the oldheads. :lol: I thought they would've gone with a younger guy than Kawhi for the last spot.

I still have my 2010 WC shorts. Nike been downhill designing for Team USA since. :smh:
I still think last year's team was good enough. Add Bam and Brook Lopez to give more size and they win.The oldheads want to be the J Kidd of this team when that won't save them from getting outrebounded.

Are we really forgetting the entire reason why Team USA collectively broke the emergency glass and called in the big guns for this summer?

08fiba-semi-us-germany-tbvz-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg

230908103505-01-usa-ger-fiba-090823.jpg

Might be an overcorrection but it's very much a result of the FIBA embarrassment mixed with this being the last hurrah of the current era of generational guys (Bron, Steph, KD, Kawhi) :lol:

I don't think it's a sign of a trend back to the dark ages of the mid 2000's or anything more than a one-off. The young guns are 100% gonna have the keys come the next Olympic cycle

I still think last year's team was good enough. Add Bam and Brook Lopez to give more size and they win.The oldheads want to be the J Kidd of this team when that won't save them from getting outrebounded.
Don't think Bam was realistic coming off the Finals run. I think Brook was part of the bad 2019 showing and he's pretty old too.

Looking back, probably wasn't smart to bring both Paolo and Kessler onto the team with JJJ and Portis.

Ex-Piston Will Bynum sentenced to 18 months in prison in NBA insurance fraud scheme​

Associated Press
Updated Wed, April 17, 2024 at 4:05 AM EDT1 min read

ADVERTISEMENT​

21b43620-fc91-11ee-bbff-57bc1671c1ca

Detroit Pistons guard Will Bynum (12) waits for play to start during the first half of an NBA basketball game against the Washington Wizards Monday, Dec. 30, 2013, in Auburn Hills, Mich. (AP Photo/Duane Burleson) (ASSOCIATED PRESS)More
NEW YORK (AP) — Will Bynum, who played for the Detroit Pistons for six season, was sentenced Tuesday to 18 months in prison for his conviction in a scandal involving NBA insurance fraud.
Bynum, 41, of Bensenville, Illinois, was sentenced in Manhattan federal court, where a jury convicted him in November of conspiring to make false statements related to NBA players who submitted false dental and medical claims to the NBA Players’ Health and Benefit Welfare Plan.
More than 20 people have been convicted in the case, many of them onetime NBA players.

I think the future Paolo/Chet frontcourt for Team USA is gonna be really strong as the years go on.

Hali and Ant will pretty much be in their primes. JDub will probably be on the team and he will too. Cade as well.

I assume Tatum will probably play again and be THE guy on the 2028 team.

Plenty of other young guys to get in the system in the coming years.

I’m not mad at the Esteemed Team. We’ll never get another chance to see these guys together. The Young guys can wait another 4 years

Back
Top Bottom