The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Er5eSvTUcAAt7y7.jpg

Fat suit remains undefeated
The southern California taquerias won tonight.

The Sixers got several rotation guys to bolster their depth around reigning MVP Embiid and an emerging Maxey, an unprotected first, two seconds AND another first from a third team for a James Harden-centric package.

I am sorry but where did Philly lose in this trade? And I have the feeling the response will be “exactly - they just got rotation guys.” However, I have to look at the incoming players contracts but from an asset perspective, I think they are significantly better positioned to make a move for a third guy now than they were with Harden.

Also - Harden is expiring. Depending on how much they are willing to invest and who is available, they could trade for a third guy with multiple years to frame it to Joel that they are invested in the future with that player and extending Maxey.

Have to see what happens but if Morey is as smart as I believe him to be, this was the move before the move.

storm2006 storm2006

You dont even need to explain yourself. Look at the one dude who said its a lose - anti

Dude hates sixers lol nothing wrong with it but ya

Dealing with a bunch of haters esp in here

3 picks and a swap including ours, that could be enough to get LaVine or someone really good at the deadline

Also got off of that PJ tucker deal

storm2006 storm2006

You dont even need to explain yourself. Look at the one dude who said its a lose - anti

Dude hates sixers lol nothing wrong with it but ya

Dealing with a bunch of haters esp in here

3 picks and a swap including ours, that could be enough to get LaVine or someone really good at the deadline

YOU see the vision :nthat:

Harden is an all time quitter. Pathetic.

I honestly don’t quite understand what his was vision now at this point :lol: Honestly, feels like he wanted to go to Houston this summer because he loves the city but it was also going to be the biggest long term bag.

When that didn’t pan out, he said “Ok, let me take the biggest short term bag” which was opting in. He realizes that to secure his next last “big” deal he PROBABLY needs to win a title, get to the Finals or at least have a strong playoff run.

I am guessing he thought there was more probability of that in LA and quite honestly, that city might fit his lifestyle more :lol:

Him opting in and requesting a trade to the Clippers has more to do with money and his financial future to me. And hey man, maximize the chance to make as much as possible at the end of your career 🤷‍♂️

The Sixers got several rotation guys to bolster their depth around reigning MVP Embiid and an emerging Maxey, an unprotected first, two seconds AND another first from a third team for a James Harden-centric package.

I am sorry but where did Philly lose in this trade? And I have the feeling the response will be “exactly - they just got rotation guys.” However, I have to look at the incoming players contracts but from an asset perspective, I think they are significantly better positioned to make a move for a third guy now than they were with Harden.

Also - Harden is expiring. Depending on how much they are willing to invest and who is available, they could trade for a third guy with multiple years to frame it to Joel that they are invested in the future with that player and extending Maxey.

Have to see what happens but if Morey is as smart as I believe him to be, this was the move before the move.
It this is a trade leading to a trade sure. If it stays as is bad trade.

Sixers gave up a guy who at his most effective is a top 25 guy. Didn't get anything back close.

The Clippers continue their long stretch of finding ways to take the ball out of their two best players hands who are both wings.

I don't see it really don't

Sixers gave up a guy who at his most effective is a top 25 guy. Didn't get anything back close.

The Clippers continue their long stretch of finding ways to take the ball out of their two best players hands who are both wings.

So I think that’s the point to emphasize - unless the acquired rotation players gel at the next level then this is a bad trade for them if another trade for a third star doesn’t happen. I think that is what Morey is betting on - he wouldn’t get Mann but at least the assets (role players/picks) to make it worth his while for something else to at least “solidify” Embiid’s future.

What happens with the team this season? Idk. But I think this move (before the potential move) was a good one.

I dont like it for the clippers and i wouldnt have done it but at the same time aside from picks they gave up nothing. Probably worth the gamble when your best player is never healthy when it matters, and Jim did have two big playoff games last year.

Dude held Simmons hostage for what essentially turned into Robert Covington and a pick 4 years from now smh

Having said my position - I am probably overhauling the haul too much. However, I probably too much my respect on the part, I have to think that this was Morey move before the MOREY move.

I know I was adamant about Lillard not going to Miami via trade which was unpopular (although it happened) but I was technically wrong about Morey trading Harden to LA.

The the thing is… if Morey is the dude I thinks that is, he is going to flip these assets into something much more meaningful than Terrance Mann, respectfully.

Can I invest into Morey’s trade success via Draftpicks :lol:

Back
Top Bottom