The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Would be amazing for the Nuggets if somehow the T'Wolves, Clippers and Mavs all ended on one side of the bracket.

Teams are going to use it as way to circumvent bonuses as well. Same thing as the NFL does. I feel like if a guy was healthy and not on the injury report and/or played but just didn’t play a lot of minutes, he shouldn’t be penalized.

Playing time is predicated on coaching anyway. Denver tried to sit Russell Wilson because they didn’t want to pay him

Really don't see that happening in this league. At least with the upper echelon players.

I seen something about Doc giving Nate Robinson DNPs (even though Nate was a role player) and it cost him 1.5 million in bonuses

Front offices and owners are definitely aware of incentives and bonuses. It’s really a slippery slope and I personally wouldn’t want an incentivized contract. To much of a gray area at times

I seen something about Doc giving Nate Robinson DNPs (even though Nate was a role player) and it cost him 1.5 million in bonuses

Front offices and owners are definitely aware of incentives and bonuses. It’s really a slippery slope and I personally wouldn’t want an incentivized contract. To much of a gray area at times
That's fair, but I don't see a front office telling the coach to not play a top 15-20 player because of the bonuses.

All the seeding possibilities on the final day of the regular season

20240414_115702.jpg

I think incentived contracts are a joke. The NBa should simplify. Have 2 year contracts. Set a max and a min. And a hard cap you can’t spend over. No such thing as luxury tax etc. This allows teams to not get mired into bad contracts for long term and for players to earn what they are actually worth. If you’re taking a risk 2 years is fair to both a player and a team considering the life changing sort of dollars that these players earn. The only players this arguably hurts is those superstar level talents that are constantly hurt or constantly sitting for some reason. Everyone else benefits.

I think incentived contracts are a joke. The NBa should simplify. Have 2 year contracts. Set a max and a min. And a hard cap you can’t spend over. No such thing as luxury tax etc. This allows teams to not get mired into bad contracts for long term and for players to earn what they are actually worth. If you’re taking a risk 2 years is fair to both a player and a team considering the life changing sort of dollars that these players earn. The only players this arguably hurts is those superstar level talents that are constantly hurt or constantly sitting for some reason. Everyone else benefits.
This would squeeze all but the top 15-20 players in the league. The PA would never do this. :lol:

Wemby gone come back yoked up like Giannis.

Tex-Mex, Churches chicken, churros and whatever he’s going to delight himself with when he goes to France :pimp: :pimp:

Starting all the games at the same time to end the year is always a great idea; MLB has done it recently. Everyone checking scores & switching between games.

Feels like the first two days of the NCAA tournament.

Back
Top Bottom