The Official NBA Thread: Pacers-Celtics Game 2 on ESPN / Celtics Lead 1-0

Can someone clarify - I thought since PHX owed him $15M that anything he signs under $15M would just reduce how much PHX owes him? I doubt he thinks he is worth more than $15M at this point…..
No anything he signs for with another team has nothing to do with the $15M guaranteed from Phoenix.

The idea of Chris Paul in Boston is better than what it would actually be.

He’s not good enough to have the ball in his hand in big time possessions over The Jays at this point in his career. Similar to the situation in Phoenix.

Can someone clarify - I thought since PHX owed him $15M that anything he signs under $15M would just reduce how much PHX owes him? I doubt he thinks he is worth more than $15M at this point…..
Him and his 15M waived contract hit the waiver wire for any other team to pickup. New team would essentially pickup the same contract and ride it out. If he clears waivers Phoenix pays out the rest of his waived contract (can stretch his salary over several years to hurt team salary tax less) and he’s free to sign anywhere for a new contract

The idea of Chris Paul in Boston is better than what it would actually be.

He’s not good enough to have the ball in his hand in big time possessions over The Jays at this point in his career. Similar to the situation in Phoenix.
He wouldn’t need to be the guy to score on last possessions. It would moreso be about his playmaking to get the Jays better shots

Not to judge anyone but Zion, Tatum and Aubrey made poor choices. They were dating queen 👸🏼 and fumbled things. Aubrey should've wifed up Stacey Farber but he made his choice.

IMG_1521.jpeg
IMG_1522.jpeg
IMG_1520.jpeg
I tell you what, these are actually solid white joints.

No anything he signs for with another team has nothing to do with the $15M guaranteed from Phoenix.
Him and his 15M waived contract hit the waiver wire for any other team to pickup. New team would essentially pickup the same contract and ride it out. If he clears waivers Phoenix pays out the rest of his waived contract (can stretch his salary over several years to hurt team salary tax less) and he’s free to sign anywhere for a new contract

Thanks for the clarification guys! I was conflating the process with what happens with the salary due to fired coaches ie the Monty Williams situation and the Suns not owing him the $21MM for the next three years anymore after he took the Detroit deal.

He wouldn’t need to be the guy to score on last possessions. It would moreso be about his playmaking to get the Jays better shots
He doesn’t put enough pressure on the defense himself at this point of his career to get the Jays better shots. He’s been scared to shoot open shots and isn’t beating anyone off the dribble. Defense has fallen off too.

Back
Top Bottom