The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Chucking up 3's will never be basketball to me. The Warriors have been a disgusting team to watch for years speaking as a basketball purist. I hope more kids mimic Fox's game than launching 3's with their eyes closed like the Chucking Brothers, Fox is a breath of fresh air and Monk going full steam to the rack is how you teach that non-coaching Kerr that you have to play defense in this sport. Sacramento has a great opportunity to put a nail in the coffin of the circus basketball that has destroyed the fabric of the game for the last decade.

keenan-thompson-look-away.gif

Wiggins played great and was the main reason they were leading at the half. Dray played well especially on defense and had Sabonis shook. Kuminga was solid and Klay was ok. Steph played well in spurts but this pace seemed to wear GS out. Kings showed lots of heart and grit after being down and always responded when the game could get out of hand with a timely bucket. Their ability to not foul so much after GS was in the bonus in the 3rd and 4th quarters was huge. Sabonis did good on the glass but he needs to toughen up as the officials will always have a favorable whistle for the more veteran team. This reminds me of the SAC/Utah series back in the day where the Kings were the upstarts going up against the experienced vets that Utah had (Stock and Malone).

Fox and Monk are ballers and Mike Brown made some great adjustments to their defense in the 2nd half to quiet Poole down and make GS take and make some very tough shots (that Steph Corner 3 was well defended)

adjustments?

- Less Looney, More Draymond, more GPII
- stop running plays for Klay in the clutch
- and spam Curry pick and rolls with Sabonis when it counts.
I'd rather have Klay shoot any shot if Steph gon do one leg 3's to end the game.

adjustments?

- Less Looney, More Draymond, more GPII
- stop running plays for Klay in the clutch
- and spam Curry pick and rolls with Sabonis when it counts.

Adjustments for Dubs

1. Attack the rim more. GS was most effective tonight when they attacked the rim. GS was in the bonus for significant stretches of the game.

2. Less of the Poole/Klay rotation when Steph is on the bench. Poole was great in the second quarter but him and Klay gunning for shots totally disrupted the offense. Steph needs to be out there when Poole is because Poole makes too many bad decisions.

3. Intiate the offense through Dray. Everytime they did this it led to a great offensive possession. Kings are pretty much ignoring him on offense so if you don't use him to initiate offense it will be 5 on 4

Kings Adjustments

1. Feed Sabonis the ball in the post early to get his offense going. Sabonis was soft tonight but their ability to win this series will depend on him being able to take advantage of the GS bigs which he should be able to do. He should have confidence knowing how the game will be called and he can finish with contact.

2. Guard without fouling. You cannot be in the bonus when you okay GS. Too many good free throw shooters.

3. Spam the Fox PnR

Holy ****, man.

I tried to tell y’all First Day Playoff Saturday >>>>>>

A few of my good friends from college who are big NBA fans and I meet up every year for the start of the playoffs (minus COVID). Start with a bottomless brunch then bar hop for all the games. The friend who has been on the “What’s stopping the Kings from grabbing the 8-seed?” for years has skipped out the past few years because he has kids and other **** going on. Understandable.

Dude showed up today unannounced and was an absolute savage :lol: We were at what I would consider to be “A Knicks bar” and the vibe was electric as things got down to the stretch. Pretty sure I could hear Mister Meaner Mister Meaner clenching his cheeks.

Right before the game KingsFan gave 5 reasons why Sacramento would win. I told him to bet 5 bottles on it and he agreed.

In the sprinter now. If you’re in NYC and trying to turn up, hit me up. Shorty from the BKN/PHI confirmed she’s coming through with friends. If I am buying then I am about to go nuclear. I guess I have choice but to say it…..

LIGHT THE MF’N BEAM nelson999 nelson999 rck3sactown rck3sactown

Back
Top Bottom