The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

what the ****?

it's always funny to me when young online people encounter totally normie older American political takes.

I think Kissinger had the highest public approval rating of any goverment official, in 1974.

by the end he was a polarizing figure, so natrually you're going to have lots of people who

A. don't know who he is.
B. Thinks he's a great American political official.

it's always funny to me when young online people encounter totally normie older American political takes.

I think Kissinger had the highest public approval rating of any goverment official, in 1974.

by the end he was a polarizing figure, so natrually you're going to have lots of people who

A. don't know who he is.
B. Thinks he's a great American political official.

-Dude, Adam Silver says all the time that he is really into following politics.

If he is a highly informed person, he would know that Kissinger has become a polarizing figure. Especially in liberal circles.

Knowing this, seems kinda dumb for Silver to invoke his name in that context, while on the job being a rep for the NBA.

I don't know why anyone should give him the benefit of the doubt like he is some regular ole low information 60 year old being interviewed at a diner.

A Henry Kissinger comp
deadmanny.png

worst since DeShawn Stevenson-Michael Jordan

-Dude, Adam Silver says all the time that he is really into following politics.

If he is a highly informed person, he would know that Kissinger has become a polarizing figure. Especially in liberal circles.

Knowing this, seems kinda dumb for Silver to invoke his name in that context, while on the job being a rep for the NBA.

I don't know why anyone should give him the benefit of the doubt like he is some regular ole low information 60 year old being interviewed at a diner.

I didn't say he was low information.

I think 60 year old educated Americans, "Henry Kissinger is a great American diplomat" is not some wildly heretical opinion.

and I think it's evidence by the fact Adam Silver said it, I don't think he went on the Pat McCaffe show to offer his hot takes.
he clearly thinks he's on safe ground.

you can criticize him all you want, I also didn't say the criticism was unfair.

what im commenting on is the divergent worlds we all increasingly live in, where Adam Silver thinks he's making an anodyne statment.
meanwhile online, he's comparing himself to the embodiment of foerign policy evil.

the dichotomy is funny to me.

Always interesting to me why they pick these thresholds. Wemby is at 24 steals and 49 blocks :lol:

people like round/easily divisible numbers

10-10-10 gets you in the record books but 12-8-13 is nothing

people like round/easily divisible numbers

10-10-10 gets you in the record books but 12-8-13 is nothing
25 is only divisible by 5!

Nah I get it. But I’ll take it a step further. It’s usually an agenda to group one guy in with other elite players. Next time you see one of thewe stats, check the numbers and there’s usually one guy that barely fits the threshold :lol:

Back
Top Bottom