The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Folks say people didn’t like Kobe but damn near 3 out of every 5 current hoopers hold him in high regard.

I know it’s proximity, but all the current dudes from the LA area reveres that dude.

He set the trend of low top sneakers. All these cats wearing low tops because of Bean. Dudes stay fronting on here :lol:

People weren't yelling VC or Mac when shooting paper balls into the trash can. It's somewhat revisionist history, although I do remember being one of only a few Kobe fans and Laker fans in general back home. But even so, he was acknowledged even then to be the coldest and most exciting player in the game even by the staunchest haters.

I’m not gonna work myself up over it. It wasn’t pretty but a W is a W regardless of how you got it 🤷🏾‍♂️

Hopefully Game 2 we play like the superior team and eliminate hope
Early

Tonks :pimp:

Screenshot_20240522_145224_Chrome.jpg

16????????

Stay inside :smh: :smh: :smh:

He def stayed inside :smh:

Lakers in 6.

People weren't yelling VC or Mac when shooting paper balls into the trash can. It's somewhat revisionist history, although I do remember being one of only a few Kobe fans and Laker fans in general back home. But even so, he was acknowledged even then to be the coldest and most exciting player in the game even by the staunchest haters.

I’m from South Florida. VC and Tmac from central Florida. They’re both loved but even Kobe was more popular than them in their own state.

Dwade was the only cat to dethrone him eventually. Kobe was huge in Florida

We’re a football state first and forever. Again, VC and Mac both from the crib and Kobe was still equal or bigger

Folks say people didn’t like Kobe but damn near 3 out of every 5 current hoopers hold him in high regard.

I know it’s proximity, but all the current dudes from the LA area reveres that dude.

He set the trend of low top sneakers. All these cats wearing low tops because of Bean. Dudes stay fronting on here :lol:
You’re not accounting for people in their 30s and 40s. People who grew up the Showtime Lakers had a totally different frame of reference for evaluating Kobe from people who weren’t even following the NBA until the mid-90s when Kobe came on the scene.

The older demographic group is the group who had more mixed or negative feelings about him during the 1st half of his career.

You’re not accounting for people in their 30s and 40s. People who grew up the Showtime Lakers had a totally different frame of reference for evaluating Kobe from people who weren’t even following the NBA until the mid-90s when Kobe came on the scene.

The older demographic group is the group who had more mixed or negative feelings about him during the 1st half of his career.
Count me in that demo. He was a ball dominant, low % guy for a long time and he had Shaq doing a lot of heavy lifting during the first title run, not to mention Phil taking over the team to get it done. Toss in the CO incident and it was pretty easy to root for someone else in neutral games/series.

I’m 36…

I’m not dismissing the guys who watched in the 80s and before. I expect them to prefer Magic, Jordan, bird, etc.

I’m just saying, Kobe got a lot of love. Him and AI were 1)a and 1)a. The cats I grew up with loved Kobe. A few of my friends had the Adidas Crazy 8s, Kobe 1s, etc. before he even joined Nike

Ngl I'm a reformed Kobe hater I buried the hatchet honestly.

I used to talk greasy about that man up here.

Back
Top Bottom