The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-0 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

I'm convinced TJ's business model is to cater to single people.
It’s evolved over time. My parents were already regular TJ’s shoppers when I was a kid, so going back like 40 years. As I recall, it was viewed as more of a “health food” store back then. The main things my parents used to go there for were vitamin supplements, low sugar breakfast cereals and fruit juices and certain cheeses they could get at the regular supermarket.

Once places like Whole Foods came on line, TJ’s pivoted away from the health angle to more on being good for convenience foods and certain other specialty items.

IMG_0117.png

If I buy these, I have to eat one immediately when I got home from because my wife has been known to go through a whole box herself in a 24-hour period :lol:

omg i’m going there tomorrow please be in stock 🤣🤣🤣

This take from a few days ago nailed it for me :lol:

Screenshot_20240429_174231_Chrome.jpg

He's an elite athlete on the court who plays both ends at a high level and is confident, brash while backing it up most of the time :lol:

He's everything that the MJ loving crowd and a lot of American fans have been dreaming/wishing for during this recent period of dominance by international players, a young American star fully capable and willing to be a face of the league.

The willing part is key because someone like Tatum has been balling for years but he doesn't have the makeup/personality to fully embrace being that sort of top billed guy imo with all the pressure it brings. Ant hasn't shown to shy away from that role yet.

Facts. he don’t pull up to the stadium wearing a dress and giant hat calling it fashion

It’s a 48-hour suspension. The rules don’t go out the window because your team lost/won and someone said something you didn’t like.

Warnings shouldn’t be treated like “fouls to give.”

The Suns’ outlook is obviously rough, but this is overstated. They’ll still have a first round selection in the even-numbered years through 2030.

All of the first round picks involved in the Beal trade were swaps - not dealt away outright.

At worst, they’ll have the Wizards’ picks in those years. How bad could those possibly be?
I thought they didn't have any Firsts... I could be reading this wrong though I suppose

Screen Shot 2024-04-29 at 7.41.52 PM.png

NBC came to play this time around. The current TV deal is a combined $2.7 billion/year between ESPN and TNT. NBC is offering $2.5 billion alone, and ESPN/ABC $2.6 billion to keep the Finals. Combined with Amazon, the league is going to be making $65 billion over ten years. TNT is gonna be the odd man out because there's no way they can match.

Man EYE don't want NBC gatekeeping games on garbage *** Peacock. :smh:

NBC came to play this time around. The current TV deal is a combined $2.7 billion/year between ESPN and TNT. NBC is offering $2.5 billion alone, and ESPN/ABC $2.6 billion to keep the Finals. Combined with Amazon, the league is going to be making $65 billion over ten years. TNT is gonna be the odd man out because there's no way they can match.

Does this mean we get the old NBA on NBC theme again? But then again…I don’t want what happens in the next quote.
Man EYE don't want NBC gatekeeping games on garbage *** Peacock. :smh:
Noooooooooo

IMG_8267.jpeg

Love Antman,but folks getting beside themselves w/ the goofiness

Granted he had Shaq but he was the man when he got his first chip. I aint having any D-Wade slander. :pimp:

That being said, if the Wolves win this year we can 1000% come back to this. :lol:

Only a matter of time before they broadcast games exclusively to Peacock if the deal happens.

Like the NFL with that playoff game this year. :smh:

You also have to consider your average NBA fan compared to people who watch the NFL. I had to give my dad my Peacock log-in to watch the NFL game. He literally has no desire to watch an NBA game under any circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom