The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-0 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

I'd be surprised if the Heat win one game.

They were 2 minutes away from a game 7 against the worst offensive team in the playoffs.

Now they're facing the best offensive team in the playoffs.

But who tf knows, this team knows how to hit all the timely shots.

Another Embiid presser, another quote taken way out of context while his other quotes don't get mentioned. I get it, he deserves the blame and all the things people want to say about him are warranted, but it's like clockwork at this point. Regardless, it's another lifeless second round exit.
20230514_190824.jpg

I'll give him that. Those isolated quotes were sounding toooo crazy

Receipts please :lol:

Was a Kobe hater in the past but can't remember putting anyone above Wade and Kobe.

I argued for Wade above him in the past though

Rol you were one of the ones that liked antidope antidope ‘s crazy post that said Harden > Kobe. Liking is basically agreeing, no?

We talked about this because I too was disappointed. And that’s what you said. You said it was because “you were a Kobe hater”.

I can’t dig for receipts right now. Maybe during the week :lol:

He was getting questions about Harden and he basically was deflecting and trying to say it wasn't just Harden. This is the quote about Ben after the Hawks series all over again lol. But I ain't trying to defend his play, he was still basura

He’s also 29. A question I have now is when do injury prone big men peak?
not sure but how many big men in general are still elite in their early-to-mid 30's? with Embiid's injury history and conditioning, my guess is he's at his peak now and will be at this level for 3-4 years max

Rol you were one of the ones that liked antidope antidope ‘s crazy post that said Harden > Kobe. Liking is basically agreeing, no?

We talked about this because I too was disappointed. And that’s what you said. You said it was because “you were a Kobe hater”.

I can’t dig for receipts right now. Maybe during the week :lol:
Was definitely a hater for a long time and I loved Houston Beard so can definitely say I had some wild takes before and probably cosigned wild takes for the sake of banter, you know that well :lol:, but don't think I ever had him ahead on my own list.

The same reasons I rocked with him are the same reasons that I rock with Luka now but I always acknowledged the playoffs being the biggest knock on his legacy. That part of his resume just can't ever stack up with those other guys.

As much I was on the other side when he was alive though and as much as I was/am a Wade stan :lol:, Kobe's second only to MJ at that position

Lakers and Heat have each stolen a game in the first two games of each series and it helped them tremendously

Wonder what’ll happen if either team go down 0-2 before going home

Think both series go 6/7 games

Embiid was playing hurt and I could see him laboring starting in the second quarter

Wouldn’t be surprised if his knee tightened up at halftime
He was blocking everything in the first quarter and then couldn’t block anybody the rest of the game

Joels team will be dropping the "real severity" of his injury to try and do a little damage control after these comments 🤣. Too late.

not sure but how many big men in general are still elite in their early-to-mid 30's? with Embiid's injury history and conditioning, my guess is he's at his peak now and will be at this level for 3-4 years max
I imagine conversations will have to be had in a season or two

Back
Top Bottom