The Official NBA Thread: Pacers-Celtics Game 1 SFA SFA SFA SFA SFA

I find a fascinating just how motivated these NBA players, many of whom make $40M per year, are for another $500K.

Going forward I think would be great if the NBA would raise the stakes even more and give the winning team draft compensation. Not only would it motivate the teams more but it would be a interesting talking point for fans and would allow franchises to improve their roster.

Imagine team like the clippers, who have traded away a lot of their draft capital, playing harder to get an additional late first round pick that they could or trade for additional help.

Beyond the pathetic effort last night, the Pelican players do not compliment each other. Zion and Ingram get in each other's ways, too many one way players and not enough three point shooting.
I said it before but when 2/3 of their big 3 play, they win. All 3 doesn’t work

Inside the NBA postgame was right about Zion. Dude just isn’t trying and yall think yall want him in NY. He aint changing.

6ACB7425-CCD2-4C92-AB55-7AA9686EFE04.jpeg
20231207_221506.jpg

I said it before but when 2/3 of their big 3 play, they win. All 3 doesn’t work
It’s sort of a catch 22.

They’re doing this equal opportunity, everybody eats thing when they basically have Shaq 2.0. The shot distribution shouldn’t be as equal as it is. They should be playing more like Philly.

But, theoretically at least, CJ & Ingram’s skillset offer immense value in a playoff setting, so I don’t know.

It’s sort of a catch 22.

They’re doing this equal opportunity, everybody eats thing when they basically have Shaq 2.0. The shot distribution shouldn’t be as equal as it is. They should be playing more like Philly.

But, theoretically at least, CJ & Ingram’s skillset offer immense value in a playoff setting, so I don’t know.
Yeah this was the whole “buying in” conversation Zion was talking about. Point Zion doesn’t happen like it should when it’s the big 3. Still no excuses for him putting up stinkers. That’s when all the fat shaming happens

Back
Top Bottom