The Official NBA Thread

Players are more skilled than ever. People really be mad cause players are good.

Yeah, The Boban Marjanovic’s, Draymond Greens and Andre Drummond are so advanced:lol: :lol:

There are tons of scrubs in the NBA that y’all call skilled. That’s exactly why Thibs plays dudes 40+ minutes.

Even the defensive stopper types of today are bringing other stuff to the table. Some can facilitate offense like Draymond and Marcus. Some can be streaky scorers too like Dillon the Villain. Some can be knock down 3pt shooters.

Just a completely different game now. You aren’t getting much time out on the court if you aren’t able to impact the game in multiple facets.

Scottie and GP did too. Much better than Dray and Marcus (I don't know why you even brought up Marcus but ok)

This perception that all the defensive greats couldn't score been a lie. People only use Ben Wallace and Dennis as the examples. Meanwhile Grant Williams and Bev are seeing the court now. :lol:

20240127_010041.jpg

NBA teams and “scouts” will never make a mistake like this again.

I guess that’s the good thing.

I don't remember a lot people saying he shoulda been 1. Ayton and Bagley was always 1 and 2. Years later find out them _'s don't even like basketball.
Yep you’re 100% correct and it made no sense :lol:

I was all the way good on Ayton. His defensive PnR film was embarrassing and he wasn’t taking any 3s so it was a coin flip if he would ever develop that. At the time KAT was averaging something like 28-11 for months and Minny was getting scraped every night. I’m taking a less skilled KAT when the actual KAT cant elevate his team?

I asked Duke fans what actual skills Bags had in the halfcourt and they said I had no bball IQ.

Trae looked like the Second Coming. Could do everything you want from your point. But he was barely 6 feet tall.

Luka was a legitimate wing, playing & killing grown men in the 2nd best league in the world, and had been in that league since he was 15 :lol: Everything he’s doing now, he put on the film.

Wolves need to get Tyus Jones back to lead the 2nd unit. Jmac is already a low budget Tyus, so it's an instant upgrade that won't cause disruption. Allows for more rest for Conley down the stretch as well.

Yep you’re 100% correct and it made no sense :lol:

I was all the way good on Ayton. His defensive PnR film was embarrassing and he wasn’t taking any 3s so it was a coin flip if he would ever develop that. At the time KAT was averaging something like 28-11 for months and Minny was getting scraped every night. I’m taking a less skilled KAT when the actual KAT cant elevate his team?

I asked Duke fans what actual skills Bags had in the halfcourt and they said I had no bball IQ.

Trae looked like the Second Coming. Could do everything you want from your point. But he was barely 6 feet tall.

Luka was a legitimate wing, playing & killing grown men in the 2nd best league in the world, and had been in that league since he was 15 :lol: Everything he’s doing now, he put on the film.

Admittedly I wasn't high on nobody from that draft.

Yeah, The Boban Marjanovic’s, Draymond Greens and Andre Drummond are so advanced:lol: :lol:

There are tons of scrubs in the NBA that y’all call skilled. That’s exactly why Thibs plays dudes 40+ minutes.
Drummond is one of the best rebounders of the past 30 years. His rebounding is absolutely a skill. Boban is skilled too. They don’t play because they can’t defend the skilled wings

Draymond is a great defender and passer. You gotta name worse players

Drummond is one of the best rebounders of the past 30 years. His rebounding is absolutely a skill. Boban is skilled too. They don’t play because they can’t defend the skilled wings

Draymond is a great defender and passer. You gotta name worse players

So, not skilled :lol: :lol:

I know Andre’s a great rebounder. I’m not discrediting that… but he does NOTHING else. That’s the point. He’s a terrible dribbler, terrible free throw shooter, terrible shooter altogether. He was never an elite shot blocker.

He only possesses ONE skill. Can’t pass. Dude averages 1 assist per game

Boban averages less than a block per game at 7’3”… and Draymond has been scared to shoot for 4+ years.

Draymond is your typical glue guy and enforcers. He’s not Uber skilled.

Last edited:
I know Andre’s a great rebounder. I’m not discrediting that… but he does NOTHING else. That’s the point. He’s a terrible dribbler, terrible free throw shooter, terrible shooter altogether. He was never an elite shot blocker.

He only possesses ONE skill. Can’t pass. Dude averages 1 assist per game
As did Charles Oakley. And Reggie Evans. Difference now is that you can’t play guys like this anymore for more than 20 minutes. But there is always going to be value in a guy that creates extra possessions and control the glass. He isn’t any less skilled than prime Dale Davis

Drummond was on pace to be an all time great rebounder

As did Charles Oakley. And Reggie Evans. Difference now is that you can’t play guys like this anymore for more than 20 minutes. But there is always going to be value in a guy that creates extra possessions and control the glass. He isn’t any less skilled than prime Dale Davis

Drummond was on pace to be an all time great rebounder

Reggie Evans played in the current era. Albeit maybe 3 or 4 years but he was active until like 2015.

Charles Oakley would get drafted above Draymond, Boban and Andre Drummond and Oak definitely had skills equal or better than them. He was a reliable defender, rebounder, and passer, FT shooter and had a midrange game.

Charles Oakley definitely didn’t just have “one” skill. You don’t know basketball

Drummond is ONLY a rebounder. Not skilled at anything else :lol:

Oakley was multifaceted.

… and Drummond just still an all time great rebounder. He’s as elite as it gets. Somewhat comparable to what Dennis Rodman did. But again, even Dennis was a more versatile player his earlier years with the Pistons.

Drummond does absolutely nothing else. So how the hell is he so skilled? He’s as one dimensional as it gets

Last edited:
Google how many PFs that got you 12/8/71.5/.15 with all league defense and nba titles, then get back to me.

Limiting Draymond to an enforcer is wild

Draymond is 6’6” 230. He’s not your typical PF. He’s a SF or SG in any other era. Dude isn’t 6’10”+ which was the prototype. He’s not Barkley, and they are the same size.

He’s only able to play PF now because of small ball.

At 6’6” he SHOULD be able to do what he does. :lol: :lol:

Draymond is 6’6” 230. He’s not your typical PF. He’s a SF or SG in any other era. Dude isn’t 6’10”+ which was the prototype. He’s not Barkley, and they are the same size.

He’s only able to play PF now because of small ball.

At 6’6” he SHOULD be able to do what he does. :lol: :lol:
Mean pivot game here. MEAN

I remember dudes was saying Dray is better than Pacers Ron Artest. That let me know a lot. :lol:
I’ll bite using that 3 year peak Draymond was an all star if that’s fair. Arrest was the better scorer. Draymond was the better rebounder and playmaker. Draymond had a better DBPM (if you believe in that)

If not, arrest averaged 2.2 steals and 0.7 blocks to draymonds 1.7 steals and 1.3 blocks.

So where is artest’s advantages past scoring?

I’ll bite using that 3 year peak Draymond was an all star if that’s fair. Arrest was the better scorer. Draymond was the better rebounder and playmaker. Draymond had a better DBPM (if you believe in that)

If not, arrest averaged 2.2 steals and 0.7 blocks to draymonds 1.7 steals and 1.3 blocks.

So where is artest’s advantages past scoring?

So peak Dray can be the 2nd option on a 61 win team?

Back
Top Bottom