The Official NBA Thread

Why you leave out the last sentence :nerd:
I didn’t, he added it after I quoted

But that’s an even more ridiculous statement lmao

Tatum is young and deserves grace but he’s nowhere near Kobe’s trajectory

Y’all choosing to take it to this extreme is unnecessary but definitely entertaining

You dudes could not even let me get my Tatum joke off in peace.

**** y'all

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Why you leave out the last sentence :nerd:

Their logic doesn't be making any sense it changes depending on the player. Cats love Kobe so they want to give him more credit for that 3 peat.

But if I said the Bulls first 3 peat was all credit to Pippen cause MJ didn't win anything before he got there they would be bringing up PPG's and FMVPS.

If anything Tatum has had more responsibility earlier in his career than Kobe.

I'm saying all 3 of them rings are Shaqs.

This doesn't mean Kobe didn't contribute

He was just closer to being in the role Jaylen Brown is right now than Tatum.
Jemele’s son

Last edited:
I didn’t, he added it after I quoted

But that’s an even more ridiculous statement lmao

Tatum is young and deserves grace but he’s nowhere near Kobe’s trajectory

Y’all choosing to take it to this extreme is unnecessary but definitely entertaining
Saying he’s nowhere near Kobe’s trajectory is kinda crazy unless you’re just giving Kobe an incredible amount of bonus points for getting lucky enough to play second fiddle to the best, most physically dominant player in the league.

If that’s the main crux of your argument, I got nothing for you.

By his 3rd year in the league he was All-NBA and THE guy on a conference finals team. It’s like a handful of players ever that are doing that.

Saying he’s nowhere near Kobe’s trajectory is kinda crazy unless you’re just giving Kobe an incredible amount of bonus points for getting lucky enough to play second fiddle to the best, most physically dominant player in the league.

By his 3rd year in the league he was All-NBA and THE guy on a conference finals team. It’s like a handful of players ever that are doing that.

That's literally what they're doing.

I’m still in LA from the weekend and was on a 2 day no sleep bender

I know it’s still early for the other west coasters but I’ll let them take the convo from here- I’m way too depleted :lol:

At least I got the old fire birria spot and plan to go to tams before I head out

So you think Tatum is going to reach anywhere near Kobe’s legacy?

KD living rent free in his head :lol:

Kyrie's always been nice but the revisionist history is funny when we all remember how it looks when he's a no.1 option :lol:

He remembers that 2016 final and that game winner on Xmas the next season.

But KD or Kyrie aren’t winning you anything as a no.1 option,they’re both high end 2nd options.

Wouldn't be surprised if a TV network eventually picked this up.

They didn't hit on X's and O's much this episode but I definitely think there's a market for it, especially led by LeBron.

God no, then it woudnt be a podcast “anymore”. In any case I have no interest in this, it just feels like idk…off. PG does a good job with Podcast P especially with his 2 hosts who are regular joes. Probably my fav one, its just not old NBA heads talking amongst each other in a “if you know you know cause you played” type of way. Gils Arena gets corny, especially Kmart then BJ adds literally nothing. But I think the formula of adding a regular Joe is great. Bron shoudve modelled it after Podcast P, now it just feels like some ESPN. 30 for 30 type.

As rare what tatums accomplished this early in his career it’s even more rare what Kobe was able to accomplish

So again: Tatum deserves grace but there’s also a big difference in what I see him accomplishing overall compared to Kobe

Ok now seriously it’s time for tams

Back
Top Bottom