The Official NBA Thread: Pacers-Celtics Game 1 / NBA All-Defensive Team Announced

Bradley sorry Beal put up 9 points in a playoff elimination game.
1714406016783.gif

Embiid holding team hostage?

Fam this would be a SWEEP WITHOUT EMBIID

i aint got time for that nonsense today. Respectfully

This is true. Embiid is the only reason the team is this far. The Sixers are losing because they got out hustled and out rebounded. I think I saw a crazy stat that the point differential with Embiid on/off was -75 (too lazy to look).

Not taking blame out of Embiid, but Morey needs to get REAL busy this offseason to surround him and Maxey with the right players. Lowry and Batum are great pickups, but we cannot rely this much on them as that's asking too much. Oubre is also a great pickup, but when you start relying on him to generate offence and play over 30 mins...that's also asking too much of him.

This is true. Embiid is the only reason the team is this far. The Sixers are losing because they got out hustled and out rebounded. I think I saw a crazy stat that the point differential with Embiid on/off was -75 (too lazy to look).

Not taking blame out of Embiid, but Morey needs to get REAL busy this offseason to surround him and Maxey with the right players. Lowry and Batum are great pickups, but we cannot rely this much on them as that's asking too much. Oubre is also a great pickup, but when you start relying on him to generate offence and play over 30 mins...that's also asking too much of him.
Embiid to the Knicks along with Donovan?

Knicks champs from 2025 to 2030?

Hallelujah!!!!

Julius Randle was at 25/8/5 on 48/37/82 in January with this group.

If you don't keep him, you better get a #sametier or better player player in return. He's in no way a negative asset.

And was All NBA twice. The main sticking point is his playoff history.

Not taking blame out of Embiid, but Morey needs to get REAL busy this offseason to surround him and Maxey with the right players

I think what amitt was saying is Morey has surrounded them with the right players, but the team is built based on Embiid being healthy.

With each passing season it seems like that is just not going to happen.

What are the “right” players to put around Embiid?

They’ve had 3 and D guys, they’ve had high usage ball handlers, they’ve had defenders with size.

It all boils down to Embiid with his health and ability to play at his regular season level on the big stage.

People that actually watched the Wizards, knew the level of basketball player/contributor to winning that Beal is really about.

I could not believe the status as a player they they elevated him to, post 2018. Almost the perfect jump of inflated scoring, no eyes on the wizards, absolutely zero expectations, and name recognition from around the league.

I think what amitt was saying is Morey has surrounded them with the right players, but the team is built based on Embiid being healthy.

With each passing season it seems like that is just not going to happen.

That's fair. Embiid is who he is right now and that's unfortunately someone who is injury prone. The biggest hope right now is to upgrade the Tobias spot at the wing. Not sure what the options are other than PG (who also concerns me).

embiid is avg 35 points this series

We've lost every game this series that Embiid hasn't been perfect. The Knicks can be 2-0 through two awful Brunson games, where we don't stand a chance if Embiid has one bad quarter.. took this from sixers reddit and its SUMS it up perfect

embiid puts the team in position to win almost every game. He gets no help when it comes late into crunch time

Until Embiid addresses his STAMINA issue, you will see more of the same.

I think it may be too late for him now, for that. He is who he is. Still think he could break through with the right window and have a deeper/signature run in the East. But that’s all depended on health, because they would need a 1-2 seed to do so. Where the first two rounds feel easy.

Doable in the East. Trickin off that Hawks series was crazy

Back
Top Bottom