The Official NBA Thread

conceit (2).jpg

He’s been quiet about Euphoria tho. Probably still needs more time to memorize the lyrics before he lip syncs on IG :smh:

Apples to oranges.

Kawhi has two rings; Embiid’s never been past round two.

Embiid has openly campaigned for awards despite his lack of playoff success; Kawhi hasn’t.

Embiid is considered by many to be a flopper and even dirty; Kawhi isn’t.

Not exactly rocket science to figure out why people are harder on Embiid.

What's the difference in career accomplishments to this point?

Don't get why folks keep begging for Kawhi to get Embiid level slander when everyone's already watched him reach the mountain top on the back of some of the most dominant postseason runs in history before his body completely shut him down.

Those are very different career arcs/realities and get treated differently as a result. Kawhi's been a made man legacy wise since before he joined LA :lol:, he's never gonna catch the same heat that folks who've never won or made deep playoff runs will and that's reasonable.

Kawhi is a 2x finals MVP. He’s already done it, when it “mattered” he has nothing else to prove. Any other accolade is a bonus at this point. He’s injury prone. We are well aware, but he’s always delivered when available…
i just dont think its fair for Kawhi to be placed on a pedestal when he has had the absolute worst injury history. Best ability is availability an absolute playoff dud that embiid gives is still better than not playing . It may not be his fault but its really who he is.

People talk about what he did despite him missing more games than playing when it matters and that should count as the same .

All im saying playoff trash game > than not playing for the 100th time.

i just dont think its fair for Kawhi to be placed on a pedestal when he has had the absolute worst injury history. Best ability is availability an absolute playoff dud that embiid gives is still better than not playing . It may not be his fault but its really who he is.

People talk about what he did despite him missing more games than playing when it matters and that should count as the same .

I mean until embiid can even get to a finals I don’t see why you’re so stuck on this

Leonard has a lot of actual accomplishments lol, despite his injury prone career

Also finally got a chance to listen to that SideTalk NYC thing. That last quote is mad weird. Why would you want that to exist in the ether forever?

I mean until embiid can even get to a finals I don’t see why you’re so stuck on this

Leonard has a lot of actual accomplishments lol, despite his injury prone career
i get it but given everything thats happened after it seems really flukey looking back :lol:

i get it but given everything thats happened after it seems really flukey looking back :lol:
How?

He legit still put up All-NBA numbers when he actually played this season :lol:

Him being cooked physically now doesn't take anything away from what he achieved when he was in his prime physically.

No clue how someone winning FMVP on the way to chips for 2 seperate franchises can ever be looked at as 'flukey'.

If that's the case then only a handful of players ever with 3+ chips are legit?

Disagree on this. Kawhi tried to play, was bad and the team played worse because of it. If he’s not actually going to help the team, I don’t want him out there just to try and prove something.

In contrast, I think the Sixers were still better with a hobbled Embiid than without him at all so it made sense for him to play.

Back
Top Bottom