The Official NBA Thread: Mavericks-T'Wolves Game 1 on TNT

Russ has been pretty much a disaster, but one of the main reasons he was brought in and wanted by Bron was to have him alleviate the playmaking duites and allow Bron to be more of a finisher. That just hasn't happened. The major part of that is related to his okay but a good portion is the unwillingness to follow though on even really trying to do that after the 1st week of last season.

It's no coincidence that the only time that Russ has looked like Russ is when he's played point guard and/or Bron has been out.

Are those...

Are those CARGO ZIP OFF JEAN JORTS

giphy.gif

No lie it might be Balenciaga. I kinda like em. :lol:

I laid it out…here:

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

These are things he could do. Chooses not too.
“The little things that impact winning” aren’t about to save this team man :lol:.You can def criticize Bron for not moving or committing to defense, but he’s out there playing with a bunch of dudes who can’t create OR shoot. Dude has to orchestrate and create for everyone and you want to see him in a more motion heavy offense essentially, which isn’t wise for a dude at 38. The on/off numbers for the Lakers are CONSISTENTLY worse when he’s off the court. It’s open season on him for the spotty defensive effort during the regular season and the passive agressive stuff he does with effort for sure. But the offensive stuff just really isn’t smart or prudent health wise given age and tread on his body at this point, analytically a viable option or really even possible with the cast of characters he’s playing with either.

The DUI Ty era was buckets. No one can stay in front. Shooters everywhere. Wilson Chandler at the 4. Farried Crashing and dunking everything. Iggy that one year. Aaflalo iso. Gallo Pick & Pops. Lots of options.

Used to clean *****s up with the Wolves & Nuggets.
JR was the most unstoppable 2K player ever before 2k11 brought MJ :lol:

Used to do damage with those Nuggets and B-Roy led Blazers squads

The DUI Ty era was buckets. No one can stay in front. Shooters everywhere. Wilson Chandler at the 4. Farried Crashing and dunking everything. Iggy that one year. Aaflalo iso. Gallo Pick & Pops. Lots of options.

Used to clean *****s up with the Wolves & Nuggets.
2012, and 2013 Kings were also good when they had Evans(He left after 2012), Cousins, Rudy, Jimmer, IT etc. Flushed with scorers.

“The little things that impact winning” aren’t about to save this team man :lol:.You can def criticize Bron for not moving or committing to defense, but he’s out there playing with a bunch of dudes who can’t create OR shoot. Dude has to orchestrate and create for everyone and you want to see him in a more motion heavy offense essentially, which isn’t wise for a dude at 38. The on/off numbers for the Lakers are CONSISTENTLY worse when he’s off the court. It’s open season on him for the spotty defensive effort during the regular season and the passive agressive stuff he does with effort for sure. But the offensive stuff just really isn’t smart or prudent health wise given age and tread on his body at this point, analytically a viable option or really even possible with the cast of characters he’s playing with either.

We just talking past each other man :lol:. I mentioned “less minutes”, less ball in your hands etc etc.

It’s been proven…that the “others” will be better if they are more empowered in the flow of the offense. I’m not asking Bron to run all over the floor for 36 minutes. But there are other ways he can play, which he does not buy into.

30/8/6 looks good tho. Great for Instagram captions and saying “I did my part…can’t blame me”.

2012, and 2013 Kings were also good when they had Evans(He left after 2012), Cousins, Rudy, Jimmer, IT etc. Flushed with scorers.

That 2014 Knicks squad was a problem too. And the 2010-2012 Hawks. Can’t forget them on the game. Al Horford would not miss from mid range as a bailout option. J Smoove everywhere. Marvin Williams at the 4. Joe Johnson unstoppable with his dribble package.

We just talking past each other man :lol:. I mentioned “less minutes”, less ball in your hands etc etc.

It’s been proven…that the “others” will be better if they are more empowered in the flow of the offense. I’m not asking Bron to run all over the floor for 36 minutes. But there are other ways he can play, which he does not buy into.

30/8/6 looks good tho. Great for Instagram captions and saying “I did my part…can’t blame me”.
But less minutes and less ball in his hands isn’t going to help this team :lol:. They legit might have the worst 3-10 guys in the league. They don’t have a roster built for a modern NBA team trying to win games. We both know this. We all laughed when they got Bev and acted like that was supposed to do something, we laughed at THT last year, we laughed when they let Caruso go, we laughed when they wanted to bring this version of RWB (who has legitimately sacrificed and changed absolutely nothing about his game since his ascent to stardom). Where are these dudes who he’s supposed to empower?

That 2014 Knicks squad was a problem too. And the 2010-2012 Hawks. Can’t forget them on the game. Al Horford would not miss from mid range as a bailout option. J Smoove everywhere. Marvin Williams at the 4. Joe Johnson unstoppable with his dribble package.
2k was such a good game during those years. They've ruined it in recent. :smh:

Golden State in 2K11 >

Let’s see this statistical period where “Russ has looked like Russ” :lol:. This is going to be a #SoHiSample for sure. And I’m a Russ fan.

Quarter of the season last year 23 games:

22/8/8 on 47/34/68 that's more than serviceable starter level production.

Yea yea, they didn't win much but neither did they even Bron and AD were there either, that's kinda not my point.

He looks like he doesn't belong in the league everywhere else. I think there's a happy medium that could be obtained but no one is interested in even trying to make it work. They need to move him.

Back
Top Bottom