The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 1-0 in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

So bron was and probably still is considered a high flyer. That being said like every other high flyer and star status players, has bron ever been involved in a NBA Slam Dunk contest? Multiple at that? 🤔
Well ppl would say Ja Morant is athletic as hell, but he’s never been in a dunk contest 🤷‍♂️

Hate this for Zion man we being robbed of something special that could be special. Hope he gonna be aight himself most importantly

Flakers/fakers front office (starting with the gm) to save face TOO, by JUST NOW and WAY too LATE saying "don't and you can't blame Westbrook for everything", again TOO LATE for all that foolishness. đź’Ż

Well ppl would say Ja Morant is athletic as hell, but he’s never been in a dunk contest 🤷‍♂️
Ja is athletic and probably (along side Tre Young)the only people who could keep my interest after Westbrook and Lillard retire) has already been hurt too much, plus Westbrook owns the title of the most athletic PG ever. My comment was more so in regards to something else. Lol! I do get where you are coming from though.

I like how Doris says Mazzulla is choosing not to bring anyone else in to guard Ja like JB/Smart/Brogdon aren’t all out :lol:

Answer this, when everyone says that "such and such is" "the Michael Jordan" of something outside of basketball, what are they really saying? As well does anyone say this with anyone else's name..? 🤔🤷🏽‍♂️

I think this will change over time though. As the people who watched Jordan play get older and the people who primarily watched LeBron play coming to positions of power and influence, they will be making analogies to "the LeBron James of XYZ". It's just how it goes.

Maybe it's human nature but people believe that the people (or played against) are the best. Notice how the era that played before Jordan don't believe he is the unquestioned GOAT. Old heads, in their 60s and 70s now, say all kinds of different players.

both mark and doris strongly agreeing they hated a dillon brooks shot :lol: :lol:

“HATED IT” -DB (with disgust in her voice)

I agree that this might be the single biggest issue with the NBA (number two on the list is probably players forcing trades). The NBA sells itself as a star driven league and there are many fans who go to games to see their star players play even more than they go to see their favorite teams. It's hard to sell yourself as a star driven league when some of the biggest stars in the league are missing so many games.

I can think of 3 or 4 occasions where I didn't go to NBA games because I didn't think the biggest stars would be playing. I'm not really sure how the NBA fixes this though

Last edited:
I agree that this might be the single biggest issue with the NBA (number two on the list is probably players forcing trades). The NBA sells itself as a star driven league and there are many fans who go to games to see their star players play even more than they go to see their favorite teams. It's hard to sell yourself as a star driven league when some of the biggest stars in the league are missing so many games.

I can think of 3 or 4 occasions where I didn't go to NBA games because I didn't think the biggest stars would be playing. I'm not really sure how the NBA fixes this though

maybe i’m wrong but does the play-in tournament enable this to an extent? teams like the warriors and lakers rest older veteran starters and essentially “throw away” games because they assume they’ll crack a 7-10 seed at the very least?

Back
Top Bottom