The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 2-0 in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

Ayton has also regressed pretty significantly and doesn’t want to be there. Hasn’t since the Dallas blowout last year

Damn, NBA champion MVKCP trying to send PHA and Da Mannequin home.

Suns getting their **** pushed in at home to get bounced from the playoffs for the 2nd consecutive year is tough.

With what assets though? Not even sure if they have the cap.

They need at least 2-3 legitimate rotational players to be serious.

Ayton and Chris Paul can fetch you something back.
They’ll get some free agents.
It’ll be a better team going forward.

The bar is low. They’re playing Shamet, Payne & Landale 30+ minutes in an elimination game.

Again-removebg-preview (1).png

The Booker, CP3, Crowder, Bridges, Ayton and Cam Johnson were their best overall team. Retool the role players a lil bit they would’ve stayed in the mix

They made the finals. But I don’t even think that is enough today. Each team they faced was missing a pivotal player. When they got to the Bucks they had issues. I knw Booker dealt with the quad issue. But I still think Bucks were too much. Bucks def missing PJ.

They gave up 2 role guys and picks (which probably won’t be great) for KD. They still have their picks every other year that they can trade on draft night. Don’t really think they mortgaged much.

Again, we‘ll see what moves they can make with Ayton and CP3, but the team was left for dead prior to the trade. I’d rather have 2 elite talents than 1 and role players.

I get what you're saying. For me, the Durant trade only made sense if you are getting "best player in the world conversation", "I can single-handedly change the tides of a playoff series" KD. The gap between KD and Jokic this series has been eye-opening for me

I just think we're seeing age-related decline and he's closer to "very good, but not truly elite" and for Phoenix to be a title contender after having given up so much to get Durant, they need him to be a top 5 guy. I'm not saying that they will never be good or never contend.

Back
Top Bottom