The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 1-0 in the NBA Finals | Lakers Targeting Dan Hurley

Had Porzingis on my fantasy Bball team last year, he was great. Even though he played 65 games, he missed a few with sprained ankle, Couple with a sickness, and the rest were end of season Wizards’ tanking. He could’ve easily played 70+ games if they didn’t hold him out.

Got to watch him a bit more than I’d like to admit, and he plays a lot more carefully now. Great pickup for Boston, they got a squad

Is Lebron getting the surgery or was the injury a lie?

He gets surgery every summer

maxresdefault.jpg

I think Portland is better off without him. He’s injury prone, clearly isn’t fully committed to being there and they should just maximize what they could possibly get. I’m just a fan of kickstarting the rebuilding process as soon as possible. But if Tobias and Herro are truly the only offers on the table then I can understand the hesitation in wanting to trade him.

I generally agree with your post but this narrative that Dame is “injury prone” is recency bias at best and fake news at worst. For reference, the highlighted years were 72 games.
1687387406601.png

And when he played 58 games this past season it was in part because he was shut down for the final 10 games to improve odds in the Wemby sweepstakes.

More available than Zion, Beal, BI, Kyrie, AD, etc. who are actually injury prone.

I think Portland is better off without him. He’s injury prone, clearly isn’t fully committed to being there and they should just maximize what they could possibly get. I’m just a fan of kickstarting the rebuilding process as soon as possible. But if Tobias and Herro are truly the only offers on the table then I can understand the hesitation in wanting to trade him.
Huh

Surprised the rockets are trying to clear even more space. Jae’Sean Tate can be some contender’s Bruce Brown.

I like Tate a lot and kind of hoped the Rockets keep him.
Yeah I’m a fan as well but it looks like Dillon brooks is guaranteed to be a rocket and you still have Tari and KJ Martin, so the minutes at the forward spot aren’t going to be there for him.

Hmmm he’s been adamant about staying in Portland for the longest.
He’s sent mixed signals at best. Being adamant about staying would be “I’m here until the end of my career no matter who else is on the roster” and he hasn’t said that.

But he has said stuff that can be interpreted as passive-aggressively pushing for a trade, like the fan petition thing.

Dame has been softly asking for a trade for a while now.
I won't go this far, but I know what you are getting at. I think he fully loves the attention of the trade talk at this point. He entertains it.

They've been trying to mix and match pieces to fit around him but those days are over. It's not like they did nothing last summer. I think the days of building around him are over. He needs to join an already existing good roster as the 1B or 2 and be done with it already. Portland needs it too.

He’s sent mixed signals at best. Being adamant about staying would be “I’m here until the end of my career no matter who else is on the roster” and he hasn’t said that.

But he has said stuff that can be interpreted as passive-aggressively pushing for a trade, like the fan petition thing.
Great way to explain it

Back
Top Bottom